iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lunar Eclipse

Started by Tom, May 16, 2003, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I sat up last night until 11:30 to see the lunar eclipse.  Boy!  was that fun.  Rosy red it was and then kinda dark maroon.  Having fulfilled my obligation, I went to bed and went to sleep. ;D :)

Bibbyman

I slept right through it.  We had a thick cloud cover anyway.  :(

Can they do it again tonight ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Furby

Tonight is good for me. ;D

RavioliKid

Tonight wouldn't be any better here - it's still too cloudy.

I am awfully tired of being cold! When is spring going to get here?
RavioliKid

DanG

I seen it too! 8)  I had forgot about it, but the weather dude reminded me, so I went out and watched it instead of watchin' him. ;D  From there, things varied a bit from Tom's routine. I sat back down in my recliner to catch the rest of the news, and woke up about the time I should have been leaving for work. :-/  I was an hour late, but worked through lunch, and still hauled logs this evening. Got 4 PPP (that's Pine PeckerPoles) home, and now I'm eating some leftover fried chicken.
The eclipse was a real show, the best one I've ever seen.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Wenrich

I no longer worry too much about seeing any eclipses or meteor showers or the like.  I look at those as being long range forecasting events.  Even the weatherman hasn't figured this one out.

Every time there is a once in a lifetime event, or best of the century event, it will definitely be cloudy.  Sometimes there will be rain or snow, but it is nearly always cloudy.

I can catch the long range events, like comets.  But, those really cool things will be missed.  If the eclipse is a partial, or the meteor shower is ho-hum, then there will be a chance of seeing it.  But, it will probably be late at night and not worth getting up to watch.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tom

:DThat's the same philosophy I used to have about courting, Ron. :D  I thought I was a loser until I realized that I had more fun, more dates and better girls than those fellows that did all the culling. :D

If you never been a frog kissen...
you don't know what you've been missen

You can't tell a picture of a partial eclipse from a picture of a full eclipse that isn't full yet. :-/ :D

Haytrader

Tom,

A feller told me once that ya should never pass one up cause it might be a goodun.
Don't know whether he meant frogs er gals.

:D    :D    :D

Heck, he mighta even meant an eclipse.

;)
Haytrader

SawInIt CA

I saw the eclips as it rose over the horizon. What a sight no clouds and before my bedtime. These things are usually in the wee hours of the morning.

CHARLIE

I can beat you all!  I was out on Lake Edward, which is up in the northern part of Minnesota, fishing  We had clear skies, 45 degree temps, and the full moon was reflecting across the lake.  No fish were biting but the loons and greebs were talking as the eclipse happened. Yup, nothing like sitting back in a boat with my feet propped up drinking a cold beer, listening to the loons and greebs and watching the eclipse........ 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

In 45 degree temperature? ::)  You're probably the one that put the moon out. If I were the man in the moon I'd have shut the door too. It's gotta be drafty up there Charlie. :P

CHARLIE

DanG Tom! Don't youse Southern Boys know nothing?  That's why I was drinking a cold beer.  It makes 45 degree weather seem toasty warm.... ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

whitepe

I took this photo of a lunar eclipse several years ago through my telescope.  It fills the frame of 35 mm film.   :)

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

Nice!

When are you going to send me my nobility pics that Noble guy promised me?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

I didn't hear anything about this eclipse, but it was too cloudy to see it anyway.   A year or so back I tried to stay up to watch the Leonid meteor shower (I think that's the one)...I finally went to bed around three in the morning after seeing a few dozen meteors.  The next day my neighbor said he was up around five in the moring, and the meteors were lighting up the sky...wish I could've seen that   :'(

Last fall I was milling all weekend, and I was out past dark trying to get my lumber stacked and ready to go to the lumberyard when I noticed that the sky was lighting up, and there was a huge meteor that went all the way across the sky...I even heard the thing.  Guess ya never know  :)

whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!