Please visit this sponsor

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Margeson Insurance

Peterson Swingmills

Pacforest Supply Company

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Central Boiler E-Classic 2300-any experience???  (Read 42681 times)

Offline EDK400

• Member*
Re: Central Boiler E-Classic 2300-any experience???
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 07:41:04 pm »
Hello, I have had a Central Boiler Classic for 7 years now.  I love it.  The only problem I have had is one damper selenoid.  Easy and cheap repair.  I have heard of the electronic controller (heat track I think it is called) going bad and that Central does not have a replacement.  My neighbor is going through that nightmare right now.  Anyone else go through this problem and if so, what was the fix?

Offline OneWithWood

• Senior Member x2
  • I am happy!
    • elmhouseindiana.com
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 10:46:45 am »
We had the remote controller on our first CB40.  It was great to be able to monitor the stove from in the house.  It failed once and CB replaced it at no charge. On the advice of our dealer I installed a lightning arrestor in the circuit.  When we sold the unit the controller went with it.  The new CB7260 did not come with a remote option.  We were told by the dealer that the remotes were too susceptible to voltage surges and the company had to replace too many of them.

If the controller mounted on the stove goes south it is an easy fix if the part is available.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln
www.elmhouseindiana.com

Offline kenkressin

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 02:08:06 pm »
I clean the ashes more often than most people here ... about once every 3 days.  I wait for the fire to be down to mostly coals, then empty the ashes, then stir the coals and get quite a few to fall into the reaction chamber.  I then spread out the coal/ash pile slightly from below before I close the reaction chamber back up.  I find this prevents the firebox from getting so full of ash that the air holes get compromised.  I also clean the exchange pipes more often for efficiency. 

Offline lynn d

• Member*
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:30 pm »
i have a central boiler e series 2300 and the blower motor and 2 heat senors blew out after 2 seasons - has anyone had this problem or know what might have caused this