iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arbor Vitae turning yellow

Started by wesdor, February 26, 2008, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

A fellow I know has 4 arbor vitae growing between his house and the neighbor.  They were planted 2 years ago and all went well until this winter when one of them began turning yellow.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?  He hopes the tree is not dying.

Ron Scott

There could be a number of problems associated with the winter weather depending upon their exposure and climate conditions. Note the winter injury section in the following.

http://gardening.yardener.com/ArborvitaeProblems.html
~Ron

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Are they northern white cedar, or are they an Asian variety? Arbor Vitae to me is northern white cedar, the tree that the early explorers ate to combat scurvy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wesdor

Sorry, a photo is out of the question. I'm working at a conference and one of the other people here asked the question.  I'll track down the gardening link Ron Scott offered.

Thanks all for your quick responses and expertise.

Thank You Sponsors!