iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to be on TV!

Started by ARKANSAWYER, February 25, 2008, 07:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Yep! Hollywood here I come.  Going to be on TV tomorrow night, Feb 26th.  David Oliver of KOLR 10 out of Springfield MO. will have a little deal on the ARKANSAWYER SAWMILL on the 10 pm news.

The crew was here filming today and we were busy and short two men.  Weather was nice for a change.  Hope it was worth their trip.

So if you get Springfield MO. channel 10 the segment is to come on before the weather so watch and see how I did.  Guess it was my first time on camera like that.  LBJ would not get out of the truck so it was just me and the hands.  I will see if I can get the wife to record it and sell copies to raise money so the mill will not look so bad.
ARKANSAWYER

scsmith42

Yee-haw Arky!  Congrats on your media breakthrough.

Will this make you "famous" or "infamous"?....

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Good show, Arky  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yer gonna give a copy to yer banker, RIGHT ???  ::) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LeeB

I don't guess I'll be able to come visit you any more now that you'll be a big shot movie star and me just common folk from up the way. :D :D Good for you Arky. Mayhaps it will help bring in the biz. I'll let Lindy know to watch it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Kansas

Congratulations!! Anytime your on TV, and its not "60 minutes" or "America's most wanted", is a good day.

SPIKER

Quote from: Kansas on February 25, 2008, 07:21:48 PM
Congratulations!! Anytime your on TV, and its not "60 minutes" or "America's most wanted", is a good day.

not to mention "COPS" (shirtless of course) :D   or the most amazing videos (in the agony of defeat section;))   then there is always standing in the trailer park remains telling the news what the tornado sounded like ;) :o

Not that I've been on any of them there shows.  8)
mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jeff

Somebody see if you can find a way to get a copy of that, we'll find a way to put it on the forum.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Norm

Cool Arky!

I'm thinking your autograph will go for big bucks now....leave the amount blank I'll fill it in for you. ;D

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Ron Scott

Great to get some sawmilling exposure in the TV media. Well Done!
~Ron

Stump Jumper Jr

DanG

Yep, this is cool to the max! 8) 8)  Getting that kind of exposure has got to be good!

I just got one question, though.  I was lookin' at that funny lookin' little car them folks was drivin, and got to wonderin' if they work for that station on the front door, or the one on the back door. ??? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

WOW a bonafide celebrity! 

It would be cool to get that posted here.  ARKY, you may be able to request a DVD.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bro. Noble

Well,  here it is 9:57.  I guess I better shut off the computer and turn on the TV.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

ARKANSAWYER

Well we was on.  Getting calls already.  Here is a link and you can watch it.  DanG it is the Ozarks and we get just three channels and two are the same under different names.  Hope Bro. Noble was able to stay up that late and see it live.
  Click on the "watch" button by THE ARKANSAWYER  and there is a commercial then us.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=18005

ARKANSAWYER

KarenKae

Quote from: Jeff on February 26, 2008, 04:38:46 PM
Somebody see if you can find a way to get a copy of that, we'll find a way to put it on the forum.  :)

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=18005

Can you save a copy from the link? If I need to, I can call KOLR10 and get permission to copy. Let me know.
Karen

Jeff

I don't have any real way to copy it. They may not even allow us to. I guess the real question for them is, will that video clip STAY on their website, or disappear in a few weeks. You guys wanna make sure you can get your self a copy to save if they don't.

Arky, you don't look to have aged a day since I saw ya last. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Yep,  it's a miricle I didn't fall asleep before You came on,  Arky.  That's way past my bedtime ;)

I'll start out with a little criticism :o :o  As you could expect,  it was too short to show everything I wanted to see and hear.  The newscaster referred to it as an old-time sawmill,  which was innacurate,  but didn't detract from anything.

The good things were:  It put David in a very good light and couldn't have been a better advertisement if he had paid to have it aired.  It made the portable bandmills look good and productive---WM in particular.  It put sawmilling and the industry in a good light.

It was a good thing for Arky and all the rest of us too. ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

flip

Excellent!!  They did a darn good job on that piece.  Great advertising. 
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

LOGDOG

Great exposure Arky. I'll back Jeff up - you look younger than I imagined. Is that an LT70 I saw running on electric? I was up your way Saturday in Clarksville. Absolutely beautiful country up there.

LOGDOG

beenthere

Arky
That was very well done.

Good on ya, and you just might make it in stardom... ;D ;D
(but keep the mill runnin too... :D )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

metalspinner

Wow!  That was a great piece!  They even got your price in there and said it was a bargan. :D  can't ask for more than that. 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Don P

I left the phone tied up, went and got a load of rocks and came back to Arky's smiling face on TV  :D Awesome job  8) Sounds like you sold a corporate coffee table to boot, I'd set one in their breakroom with a way to contact you  ;)

Norwiscutter

Great stuff Arky. The saw blade road sign is briliant as well. 

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Thank You Sponsors!