iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mucho soup...

Started by zopi, February 23, 2008, 02:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

the girl scouts (grillscouts?) have their thinking day today...had to have dishes from japan and mexico....they wanted me to make mexican wedding cake...sure...get riiiiigggghhhtt on that...

of course the teenager did not help  ::) so I wound up making about four gallons of soup..

Tofu miso soup....easy..hon dashi, red miso, water, onion and tofu...no brainer..

for the mexico project, I made Posole..

Sear a pork butt on the grill until the outside is crispy, hot as you can get it..then pop it into
a pressure cooker with some water, onions (small dice) chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper..pressure for 45 minutes,
up to an hour and a half..we have propane..cooks slower..

pull the roast out, reserving the broth in the cooker...add a couple cans of white hominy, and maybe a can of pintos or kidney beans..some more water..

pick all the nasty bits out of the roast and strip the meat back into the broth..set the whole thing to simmer and season the
whole mess to taste with more chili powder, cayenne, cumin, garlic...whatever strikes your fancy..

I will often add a couple of tablespoons of roux to thicken the stew..

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Norm

Those both sound pretty darn good Zopi.  I'm curious though, as I had boys only, what is a girl scout thinking day?

zopi

they spend the day thinking of girl scouts in other countries..they have displays and lessons about life in those countries,
It makes the parents who have no time or energy dislike those who do... ;D

We built a cherry tree...sweetgum branch in a christmas tree stand..and the  girls made tissue paper blossoms for it. 
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!