iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

spaz attack!

Started by Raider Bill, February 22, 2008, 10:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

3 days ago our email at work went down, everyones. My computor dork traced it to network solutions. We called them. First they denied any involvment but said the would look into it in 2-5 business days. Telling them that we almost totally operate with our web site and email fell on deaf ears. So my employees sit. no work coming in etc.
Yesterday they got it fixed and at the exact same time our web site went down saying network solutions has it under construction. This is a very busy site. Our clients upload assignments there and retrive the finished report with documenting pictures. We call them Nope not our fault but we will look into it in 2-5 business days but if it is my fault there will be a charge. So basically they shut me down for 4 days.
Calls to them fell on deaf ears. Would not give me a supervisior and one actually hung up on me.
So I lost thousands of $$$ in business, my clients are PO'd and theres nothing I can do about it.
This has nothing to do with forestry, logging or chainsaws just my blood presure and attitude.
HAs customer service gone completely out the door? They really don't care.
This morning I spoke to a tech who said that the person that fixed the email goofed and shut down our web site. I asked about reimbursment he laughed.

This is a rant and only a rant but if anyone ever has the chance to drop a large tree on them please please do it! >:(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tree-farmer

Easy there Bill, don't bust anything, otherwise they win.

Customer serivce is dead I think. Once and awhile a instance of it can be found but it is no longer the norm.
Seems the new business creed seems to be lure em with a low show price and then hit em with the hidden fees once the agreement  and initial investment is made.
Priceline and some of the "discounted" travel companies are famous for this.

The American ideal of a quality product backed by good service at a resonalbe price seems to have sucumed to the "greed factor" that only looks at the bottom line.
A lot of this comes from the businesses being so large and faceless; it not as easy to use deceptive tactics  when its you neighbor you are dealing with instead of some faceless customer.

Call me old fashion but the old way was better me thinks.

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

DanG

Figure up what you would normally make in those 4 days, triple that, and hit'em with a lawsuit for that, plus legal fees and court costs.  Perhaps then they'll flag your account as one that must be taken care of.

Or, take your business elsewhere.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Raider Bill

Apparently 90% of all internet traffic goes through these people. They are not my provider but have the power behind the scene.
3 things are able to get my blood boiling this high, women, dentists and computer dorks.

Gary_C

Quote from: Raider Bill on February 22, 2008, 11:27:25 AM
3 things are able to get my blood boiling this high, women, dentists and computer dorks.

:D :D :D :D

What, not lawyers and insurance companies??  If not, then see your lawyer and see if you can meet their insurance company.  ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Greg Cook

Offering cutomer service, beyond what the contracts call for, is quite lucrative these days.  It's such a rare commodity, I suppose.  My business is a small specialty in the construction industry, namely installing wood and steel doors in commercial buildings (offices, hospitals, etc.) We have a small handful of clients who are quite loyal to us, though we are the most expensive door contractor in the area, possibly the state.  But, they know that they will have to do nothing, not even sweep up behind us. Construction is fast paced these days, and they understand they we show up in "Controlled  Attack" mode and get the job done quickly, efficiently, but most importantly, well done. And they don't have to follow behind us correcting things.  When they get jobs outside the area (got one coming up in JAX) they prefer to pay the higher price of bringing us in, rather than chancing it with a less expensive local contractor.
My point, I guess, is that we only sell a service, no product whatsoever. And that superior service sells.   Well.

I just wish to find a way to use that same principle to make a living here on the farm without having to leave this precious ground I tread most every day. Unfortunately, farming yields products (or not, in bad years) and there's little demand for a service which would keep me here.

Bill, I understand your frustration.  It's hard for me to depend on others to do or supply something for me.  Perhaps a few classes (amidst the house building) will give you enough knowledge to set up you own website and e-mail. Or perhaps there's a local freelance geek who could come in a few times a week to set it up and keep it going, understanding that he is responsible to do whatever it takes to put it right if it crashes.  I think a person with those skills who would market them to smaller companies who can't afford a full time IT person would make out quite nicely over the course of a year.

Best of Luck to ya,
Greg

"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

SeeSaw

I totally agree with tree Farmer on this one. Customer service is dead. Unexpected and hidden charges rule the day. It's not often that when you deal with business of any type these days do you actually get to talk with a person. Or, that you actually get any satisfaction when something goes wrong.  I prefer the old fashioned way myself.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, completely worn out and loudly proclaiming, WHAT A RIDE...!

submarinesailor

I would write/file a compliant with the Better Business Bureau, making sure that I cut the CEO of Network Solutions in on the letter.  It may not do anything other than get it off your chest, but you just never know. 

My buddy just had a natural gas heating system installed.  The workmanship was terrible, with no response from the company.  It worked so he was good to go-right......NOT.  They changed their minds REAL quick went I wrote a letter to the Northern Virginia BBB and sent them a copy.

I would give it a shot.

Bruce

Raider Bill

Quote from: Greg Cook on February 22, 2008, 11:44:32 AM
Bill, I understand your frustration.  It's hard for me to depend on others to do or supply something for me.  Perhaps a few classes (amidst the house building) will give you enough knowledge to set up you own website and e-mail. Or perhaps there's a local freelance geek who could come in a few times a week to set it up and keep it going, understanding that he is responsible to do whatever it takes to put it right if it crashes.  I think a person with those skills who would market them to smaller companies who can't afford a full time IT person would make out quite nicely over the course of a year.

Best of Luck to ya,
Greg

I have a in house guy. Network solutions provides part of the internet structure. As it was explained to me they pretty much control domain names, the flow of email even if you have someone like say verizon they are still in the background.

Jeff

When you buy a domain name, you sign all rights away to damages if something happens with the name server when you agree to the purchase. If you wish not to sign away those rights to recovering possible damages, you cant buy a name. Its the same way with all the registrars as far as I know. I've had the best luck WITH Network solutions on getting things rectified in the past.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Perform an honest tally of your losses, and then calculate how long you should have free service.  THEN send the letter to the president of the the company. 

Say when

Raider Bill

This is my second run with them and neither time was the service even remotely good. They seem to have a we don't care attidude even though in every instance the problem was on that end.
My spam filter provider told me they cringe anytime they have to work with Network solutions whic is weekly.
Calls to get the President or CEO's contact info are referred to customer service.
Wouldn't it be nice to be abler to run a business not caring about taking care of your customer.

rebocardo

Buy some excellent software (I have www.santronics.com) and learn to run your own simple and easy to fix BBS. I host with www.godaddy.com and have always had good customer service.

mike_van

I fell on my butt on some ice today - Does that count as SPAZ?  I saw a few stars when I landed.  smiley_furious
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Thank You Sponsors!