iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much snow do you have?

Started by blueox, February 14, 2008, 02:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueox

We've had over 90" of snow fall this year.

I just parked that truck there 3 days ago....its nice to have the snow on the back for extra traction!

Snowmobile trails are beautiful...

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Furby

We are over 82" and about to set a record snow fall total. >:(

woodbowl

I've got 2 handfulls of snow still in the freezer, that I got out of the back of corley5's pickup truck from when he came to see me here in Florida a year ago.  ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

farmerdoug

We have received over 5 feet this year but it usually melts as fast as it comes.  We have over 20 inches on the ground right now though.  This snow has lasted a couple of weeks which is a record for this winter. ::)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Tom

isawlogs

Too Dang Much .. !!!!!!
I have no clue as to how much we have had total .... I do know I have it up to my waist and the snow banks on the road are six feet high and the have been cut down and pushed back three times this winter .
  The novelty of snow is very quickly wearing off .  :-\   Don't get me wrong I love snow ... only not quite this much .  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Steve

Zero on the ground here and in the mid fifties for temperature. Over 200" at the ski slope about 40 miles from here.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Ron Scott

Season-to-date snowfall totals thru 2/13:

2005 = 86.5"
2006 = 110.75"
2007 = 107.5"
2008 = 127.5"

As recorded at the Caberfae Peaks Ski Area 18 miles west of Cadillac, MI
~Ron

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Icey and I strolled outside with me still in my work cloths (my shorts and my good "fish shirt") (Its a button down with a fish print all over it), to take a few photos of the snow. Its pretty packed down round the house from me and da dogs, but theres a bunch of it.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ronwood

Jeff,

Looks like time for a winter pig roast and snow party!!!! No snow here in Mo. Maybe a total of 10' all winter.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Dodgy Loner

5" so far this year - most snow I've ever seen in Jawja ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Ron Scott

Snowing now with another 3 - 5 inches expected.
~Ron

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Well down at the shop, I've got about 3 inches of daylight left in the windows. On my window on the north side of the house, it's just touching the lower sill, which is 4 feet. The banks around the drive are not real high because the blower throws it out into the lawn, but probably close to 3 feet there. We have had a lot of storms, but it keeps settling and we had a few rain events that dropped it to. But I bet up in New Denmark there is 6 feet in the woods. I worked on a lot up there in 2001 and the snow was as deep as the 6 foot tires on the skidder down in the softwoods. Had to stay away from there because the ground wouldn't even freeze up either. If we lost a skidder in there, it would still be there.  :D

Just south of me about 2 miles the ice starts (I had a slight crust here), all the trees are hanging with ice. The spruce are less coated, it seems to deflect off it. But pines are really weighed down bad. Power outage at the capital, 6500 without power down there. The highway has 1 inch of ice and packed snow. Was in the 20's today, so a lot melted off the roads.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ernie

Snow?????

Is that what that white stuff is ;D ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

Who you kid'n? You know full well what that white stuff is.  :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Captain

We're about at the "no snow" line for New England.  Norton just 10 miles, and the ground is covered.

Captain

Ed_K

Don't know total for the yr have to check wonderground. We have about 8" to a foot in the woods, seems every storm had rain at the end  >:( . But this last storm was 7" of snow then 2" of pellets then we got 4" of rain  :o . It is the worst I've ever had to plow that I can remember. I plow for the town with the 1 ton and half way thru had switch to the loader to push it. We worked 21 hrs straight, the last 4 where using the loader and backhoe to find storm drains and cut snow banks the get the water off the roadways. Ever seen blue snow? Thats a lot of water mixed in  ;) .
Ed K

SwampDonkey

I think Caribou has had around 120" of snow so far, and snow depth, as of today, is 3 feet.

isawlogs

CHUTE DE NEIGE (SNOW FALL)

24h : 14-19 cm     48h : 22-30 cm      7 jours(days) : 43-54 cm     Saison (season): 371-432 cm
        (5.5"-7.5")         (8.66"- 11.8")                 (1'5"-1'9")                          (12'2"-14'2")

This is from Mont Sutton , wich I look at the back side from the dinning room .
That gives me a 12 to 14 feet of total accumulation .... I am ok with that , It could stop now and I would be ok with that too. Really , I would .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Great .....   ::)  It snowin again .....I'm going to bed .  :-\

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Yup, it's coming down again.  ;D

thecfarm

We have at least 3 feet on the ground,might even be 4.I went down to the wood yard to clear out a pile of wood that I have not been around all winter.And this is after 2 warm spells we have that melted alot of snow.I have no idea the amount that we got.Would not really surprized me if it was 8 feet.Most I've seen in many years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

I was surprised at first at the numbers myself here  :o  I can see the mountain from where we eat breakfast from wich I got the amount from, so the numbers for me are quite realistic . Looking at the snowbanks I have not seen them so high in a long time .
  I don't know how much there is on the ground , I guess I could mesure the legs on the quarter horse here ... he bottoms out and his belly drags in the snow  ::) :-\ He needs a couple of pairs of stilts , the belgium is wiser ... she stayes out of the deep snow .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!