iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Husky 350 Stalls

Started by seedpress, February 11, 2008, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seedpress

Hello Folks,

I'm having a stalling problem with my new Husky 350. I just purchased it last month, and have probably not used it for more than 10 hours. I've been cutting wood a foot or less in diameter. Also, the saw has been cleaned well after each use.

Up until today, the saw has performed well. Now, however it runs for about five minutes and suddenly begins stalling when trying to cut. It will re-start but stalls again right away. If I let it cool down, it cuts again for a few minutes, and then the problem repeats.

I drained the tank and refilled it. Checked the air filter, which turned out to be very clean.

I know that the carburetor could be adjusted, but it seems that if the high speed adjustment were off, then it wouldn't run well for the first few minutes at all.

It occurred to me that the gas tank's vent hole might be clogged, but I'm not sure how to clean it or mess with it without voiding my warranty. The nearest warranty service center is almost a day's journey from where I live!

Frankly, I wish I had never bought this chainsaw. The air purge bulb is obscured by the pull-cord knob, making it clumsy to use. The choke and on-off button are flimsy. The air filter cover has sharp edges. The handle halves don't fit together well: seams don't line up snugly--poor "fit and finish." Their web site support area has broken links. Seems more like a cheap Southeast Asian product than a product from so-called Scandinavian "craftsmen." Oh yes, and mine says, made in Sweden.

seedpress

beenthere

Welcome to the forum. Hope the problem isn't a serious one.

You didn't mention taking it back to the dealer for some adjustment. My Stihl had some early low-hour break-in tweaking that the dealer did quickly. After that I ran ethanol-free premium gas and between the two, and more hours on the saw, it ran much better.

Lots of Husky experts here who can likely give you better info.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

seedpress

beenthere,

Well, unfortunately I bought the 350 at a place called TSC, or Tractor Supply Company. They don't do service--just take your money and grin. And the nearest Husky service guy is about a day's drive away for me.

Next time I'll buy a Stihl or Dolmar--they both have local dealers and service centers. Live and learn!  ::)

oldsaw

Take it to a local guy, see if he'll take a look at it for you.  Ask him to recommend some PPE (chaps, helmet/face shield are good ideas anyway) or buy a couple of chains.  He'll see you as a customer and not some doofus who didn't buy a saw from him.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

little Bark

I also have a 350 Husky.  I also had problems w/ it stalling.  It turned out to be a bad bar oil pump. The nylon gears striped and would not mesh right and would stall the saw. My 350 was given to me so I can't complain.  But I also would not buy another 350.  Husky has a lot of better saws then this.  I just hope that this is not a sign of what is to come.  For a home owner and occasional use not a bad saw.  I put a 13" bar on mine and use it for limbing works great.
Always use the rite tool for the job.

thecfarm

seedpass,welcome to the forum.You say it begins to stall.Will it stop running when it's in the cut?Will it idle fine all day long?Meaning you could leave it on the ground and it would idle until it run out of gas?I doubt you haved a plugged fuel filter all ready.Sorry to hear of your trouble.The reason I mentioned the filter,that's all I've done to the motor on my 372 husky in the 3 years since I've owned it.Good luck.Hope you stick around when you get your saw straighted out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!