iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seafood Soup (Stew)

Started by blueox, February 10, 2008, 05:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueox

As I was reading all these scrumptious recipes, I realized I also love soup. One of my favorites is Seafood Stew, of course any combos of seafood and vegies will do, but this was what I did the other day.

1 Big filet of Haddock
1 lb of bay scallops
1 lb of big fat shrimp
1 can of frozen Lobster
(sell it in the freezer section next to all the fresh seafood)

I cook the haddock & scallops together w/ lots of crushed garlic & olive oil. (save to another dish w/ all the juice.
I cook the shrimp separately, because they cook so quickly...wanted to be tender.
The lobster is cooked already.

Celery
Onions
More crushed
garlic

Saute in a little olive oil, til tender but still crunchy.
Add a Cooked and diced up Potatoe or 2.

Put all ingredients back in your soup pot.
Add 2 containers of Seafood Stock (I use the boxed Kitchen Classics) In the soup Isle.
Add some garlic powder
Thyme
Old Bay seasons
4 or 5 Bay leaves

You can make a rue to thicken, for those who like that. Or leave it as a broth base. Either way...it will be a hit with the seafood Lovers.

Happy Eatin'

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

SwampDonkey

Seafood Chowder, we add a can of evaporated milk to the brew up here in the noth.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Swamp Donkey,
I hope you are referring to Evaporated milk.  Condensed milk, in the South, is assumed to be Sweetened Condensed Milk and is half sugar/half whole milk that has been condensed through evaporation to a consistancy of honey. :D

SwampDonkey

Yeah, yeah Tom. I make Key Lime Pie with Condensed. ;D  :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Whew!!   I was beginning to think you were really wierd.  :D :D

SwampDonkey

Naw, you already knew it. Don't sell yourself short. ;D  :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

You want to put sweetened condensed milk in your fish chowder too?  Holy Smokes! What's the world coming to?   Sheesh, Swamp Donkey, look at what your doing! :D

Norm

I really enjoy a good seafood chowder. Sunday was too cold to do anything so I cleaned the freezer of seafood that had found it's way to the bottom. Ended up with some black cod and king crab legs that were covered in frost. I had some homemade lobster stock for a base and plenty of potatoes for filler. The coupe de grace was 2 cups of heavy cream to finish it off. Leftovers went to the office to feed two hungry sons, I noticed the bowls were licked clean. :D

SwampDonkey

Sounds like some one or two has it pretty good.  ;D :)

Thank You Sponsors!