iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What I've been up to in the kitchen...

Started by Paschale, February 10, 2008, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

We're having a  charity concert/auction today for the United Way and so I decided to offer 100 hand made chocolates.  They're pretty tasty.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Norm

Ummm ummm those almost look too good to eat....almost! ;)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paschale

I had a lot of interest at my booth today.   ;)  I was giving out free samples.  The biggest fans were the ladies, though none were available.  I think it is definitely true that they say the way to a woman's heart is with chocolate. 

My chocolates got $100 for the United Way today--kind of cool.  And the best part--there's plenty left over!

8)

WDH

So do we get chocolate at the next Pig Roast?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DWM II

Those look great, how did you get the notes on that one at the top right?
Stewardship Counts!

Paschale

Thanks!  It's actually pretty easy, just so long as you know the trick.  What they do is thin out pure cocoa butter which is a creamy white color, then they tint it.  They have special printers that use it as "ink" and then they print it on to acetate sheets.  You cut those up, and after you dip the chocolates, you place one of those sheets on top, and once the chocolate dries, the pattern is then transferred over to the chocolate.  Pretty easy, but it makes them look really professional.

As to chocolates at the Pig Roast...if Furby's up to delivering them, that will be an affirmative.  I'll send a 100 or so chocolates along.

Maybe I'll make them in the shape of trees or something.   ;D

olyman

pasc---you sure you aint got a chocolate colored tooth in your set somewhere????????  ;D ;D ;D

metalspinner

Quoteif Furby's up to delivering them, that will be an affirmative.  I'll send a 100 or so chocolates along

How long of a road trip is it?  And how many chocolates per mile (CPM) does a Furby get?

QuoteMaybe I'll make them in the shape of trees or something. 

What about trombone shaped? :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OneWithWood

Puh, you know if you are sending them by Furby mail you will need to make at least three hundred to get one hundred to the roast.  And if 100 do make it that could cause some angst as there are likely to be more than 100 willing participants at the roast.
Last year only about two dozen cookies actually made it to the piggy party.  Furby was so choco minted out that he had to cool off in the pool :D

"And the best part--there's plenty left over!"

Quick, better send some to Furby and the rest on down to me.  I can't speak for the Furbster but I know I would hate to see you loose track of your dimensional goals because of chocolate temptation.  That is of course unless the left overs are going to be used as inducements to meet new aquaintances.

"I think it is definitely true that they say the way to a woman's heart is with chocolate."

Chocolate on!

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

OneWithWood

Well Burl that got me to remembering a line from an old Frank Zappa song 'Uncle Bernies Farm'.

'Cover that girl in chocolate syrup and . . . ' 

I best leave it there  :D
One With Wood

Burlkraft

I have the whole Zappa collection in album form..........

No need ta go any further........

Look out fer the Illinois Enima Bandit  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

OneWithWood

One With Wood

Thank You Sponsors!