iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mother Nature...

Started by Coon, February 09, 2008, 11:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

..... Must have a COLD!!! heart for me or something. :(  I just checked the temperature and it is -38 Celcius right now but feels more like -53 with the wind chill.  BRRRR  I might have to add another of layer of clothes on yet. >:(   I went out to find something in the truck and I had icicles hanging off my mustache when I came in.  I was only out there a matter of two minutes.  I'm going to have to bring the woodstove out of the garage and hook it up in the house if this is going to last too long.    splitwood_smiley  Got a serious battle with cabin fever going on too.   smiley_mad_crazy
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

Hang in their Coon.  The worse it is, the better it has to get.   :)

Mooseherder

This picture was from sis Bow Saw about a week ago.
Seems Celcius and Farenheit run into each other at -40. ;D
Y'all need to come warm up. ;) :)

Bow Saw

Thanks for the invitation, Moose, but gotta go back to work on Monday morning! :(
Besides, you remember how well they transferred the fax info to the substitute  ::)
last vacation we went down to your place?
Serious Sis

Coon

Even the dog passed up his oportunity to do his business tonight.  He poked his nose out the door, turned around and went back to his bed and went to sleep. He never misses his oportunity to mark his territory.  Guess he knows his limits. ;) :D

Warbird

I feel yer pain.  It could be worse, though...  you could be here!  Yesterday was the first day in over a week that my buddy had seen warmer than -50 F, at his cabin.  And that's with no wind chill.  Coldest I heard him say was -57.

fuzzybear

Day # 14 of -45 to -55 temps..   Supposed to warm up to -18 by wed. Time to break out the t-shirts and shorts.   :D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Norm

You know I was feeling sorry for myself having to go out and do chores when it's -10°F with a 30mph wind until I read the rest of your's temps.  :o

I think I'll just have another cup of coffee and wait for it to warm up...come on April! :D

clif

It has been hanging around -34 at night around my home the past week or so warming up in  the day to - 20.  Some place between -20 and -34 and below it turns from chilling to Dang  "cold", then it warmed up to 0 yesterday and i thought I was in Flordy and working around outside with just a sweater and a beautiful day ( we have 8hrs of sunlight now  8) )
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Coon

Don't forget I live in the wide open prairies..... where the wind don't stop and there's nothing to stop it. :o

Warbird

You know it's been cold when you think -10 or -20 is warm!  The Mrs and I were out shopping yesterday and we remarked at how nice and warm it had gotten...  it was -16 F.  :D

Coon

We have had two warmer days (-15 C or so ) since the 14th of January. >:(  Enough is enough already.  Just heard the forcast and they claim it is supposed to warm up to -15 or so on Tuesday or so.

Texas Ranger

72 right now, no wind, blue sky, robins poking around for worms, mocking birds singing in the trees. 

Global warming.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

That is different from our high today of -2° F and 20 mph wind... :D :D

But it is 74° inside where I am at the moment....a different story when the wife's car was stuck in the drifted snow in the drive way....forced me to go out and plow her out.
I just couldn't see her walking that last 100yards to the house.  :)  I was a good guy... ::) ::)

Have to say haven't seen a robin of late.. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sprucegum

There is good news!

I heard on the local news: this cold snap might be cold enough and long enough to kill off the Mountain Pine Beetles.

Everybody hold your breath - we'll get them li'l varmints  8)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Coon on February 10, 2008, 12:54:16 PM
Don't forget I live in the wide open prairies..... where the wind don't stop and there's nothing to stop it. :o

The first thing I'd be doing if I immigrated to the prairies would be to plant me a spruce grove all around me about a tree length from the house and any drivable paths.  ;D

30F and light snow rot now. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

semologger

Its pretty bad when you think its cold here when you walk out and its 32 without the little thing you guys keep on putting the front of your numbers. It looks like this - never seen that before.  ;D  :D :D

Texas Ranger

Humph, 40 years ago you would have seen a bunch of them.  Coldest dang winter in Missouri I ever saw.  Makes me cold to think about.  Of course, we had to walk to school back then, 7 miles up hill, and 7 miles up hill coming back.  Why it was so cold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ::)

semologger

Is that why you in texas?  smiley_big_grin3

pigman

Dang Tex you had it easy back then. ;D I had to walk 20 miles up hill to school through 10 feet of snow and carry enough wood to heat the school building. ::)  It was easy walking back the 20 miles up hill through the 10 feet of snow because I didn't have to carry the fire wood. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

semologger

pigman

semologger, good lying comes with age .
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

semologger

I guess mother nature does take its toll on ya.

Texas Ranger

Semologger, you bet, was in Columbia that winter, never got above -5 for three weeks. decided I could live some place else warmer.  Anyplace else. fire_smiley

Coon

The bad thing with these cold temps around here is as soon as it warms up we are going to get a whole pile of snow.  The second half of Febuary and March is when we usually get alot of snow. >:(  Guess I had better get my "GOON SPOON" all polished up and ready for the day it starts. :D

Thank You Sponsors!