iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This had to hurt

Started by Kevin, February 09, 2008, 04:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

The guy cutting the tree gets hit by the butt and tossed to the ground.
The same thing can happen when the top of a tree being felled falls into another tree top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKaE4dFxP4E&feature=related

Warbird

Oh man....  that guy is lucky to be alive.  What in the world was he thinking??

beenthere

Sure took a lot of times to finally get him to stay down.... 8)

Appears he is lucky that the butt didn't drive him right flat into the ground. Could a been a killer.

He is more experienced now than before. 

Good training vid.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

I got 1 word for that guy...  "IDIOT"
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Brad_S.

Yeah, but think of the money he saved by doing it himself! ::)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Handy Andy

Wonder how somebody just happened to be videoing this.  Spose they were makin a movie for America's funniest videos? 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Warbird

It's hard to tell from the small size but from where he is standing, it doesn't look like he was trying to drop the tree in that tiny valley, away from the house.  That's where I would have dropped it.  And once it started to go, I wouldn't have been standing there...

It's always easy to critique something like this after the fact, and I'm no professional at felling trees, but I can spot at least 3 things wrong with his set up.

LOGDOG

Not to mention he falls the tree ON the roof of the house!  ::) I think his notch was at least 90 degrees out of whack.

LOGDOG

beenthere

The video was too far away for me to make any judgment of where he intended to fall the tree top.  I'm guessing a neighbor was doing the filming, at a distance away. If intentional filming, I'd think the cameraman would have moved closer. Not sure how he zoomed in after the original vid was complete...with words.  ;D

Can't tell if the saw man was on a ladder or a platform...at least to start out with. Or if there was a falling notch.

Haven't most of us watched someone else fall a tree, with them having no idea what a felling notch is, or a backcut, or using wedges to control the fall line?  Not the least, needing to decide where the top of a tree has lean or weight that will have to be controlled.
A lot of lucky DanG people out there with chainsaws.  :)  This one was one of the luckier ones too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

metalspinner

This neighbor might have known what was coming with this guy and pulled the camera out for an "I told you so" moment.  laugh_at   ::) Hearing that saw still running in the backround was pretty scary, too.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Warbird

Quote from: metalspinner on February 09, 2008, 10:10:56 PMHearing that saw still running in the backround was pretty scary, too.

I thought so, too.

On the plus side, it appeared he didn't damage the house too much.  ;D

zopi

y-know....it is smart to be hard, but it is hard to be smart. I do not really like to drop trees...but I am kinda good at it...will not do it that close to a house tho...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

leweee

Quote from: beenthere on February 09, 2008, 06:06:52 PM

Good training vid.  :)

for folks who think tree service work is  over priced. ;) ;D :)

look at the bright side ......the fence and carport survived. ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Kevin

I doubt if it was the direction of the notch, more likely the lack of holding wood and the weight factor that took the tree where it wanted to go.

beenthere

If anyone wants some more entertainment on how not to cut down trees safely, go to some of the Expert-Village vids put out by Black Dog Video and a man by the name of George Finn.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/531_felling-trees.htm

He needs to take a GOL (game of logging) course real bad.  ;D ;D

south central Wisconsin

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Kevin

zopi

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2008, 04:59:00 PM
Stop traffic, THEN drop the tree.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d8e05_4407

ROFL!  :D :D :D

Betcha he can't do it again...

I'm sure there is a link on here somewhere...James the narcoleptic tree cutter..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Tom

yes, James has been shown on here before, asleep and hard at work both. :D

york

Life is hard,but life is a lot harder,if you are "stupid"....John Wayne
Albert

zopi

He Smurfed himself.
                 -Brainy Smurf.