iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any LOST fans in the house?

Started by LOGDOG, February 07, 2008, 07:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

Just wondering if any of you are fans of the show LOST? At first I didn't think I'd get into it but I've found it thoroughly entertaining. A good escape if you will from reality. Seems to have an unpredictability to it that keeps you guessing. Some shows I find myself being able to predict what's going to happen next but not LOST. Any theories out there from those of you watch? I guess it's on here in a bit.

LOGDOG

tcsmpsi

The oldest daughter, knowing we don't get any kind of piped in television, in her most delightful, mischievous manner, presents us with First Season collections of series on Christmas or a birthday  (so we can get properly hooked).  She says it also gives her security in gift selection.
Uh huh. 

Lost was one of those.  As has been Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, OZ, etc. 

We pretty much, intentionally, don't theorize.  Mostly as we have to wait until the next season comes out on dvd.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

ely

no theries here but i would say i used to watch it every morning before work, that blonde girl would really get me going, almost like coffee.

Radar67

My daughters like it. I watch with them each week...as well as doing my design work for the house on my computer during advertising. No theriorizing, just entertainment.

I wouldn't have any trouble if I missed it.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DWM II

I havent been able to get into Lost, but shamefully I admit I am addicted to Survivor. It's amazing to see how dasterdly folks can get wen theres a million bucks on the line. I often wonder how that game would bring out the extremes in me. :-\ kinda a suedo reality check for myself.
Stewardship Counts!

LOGDOG

I hear ya DWM ... I've not missed a season of Survivor yet. Although I've made progress. I used to think I wanted to try out for the show. Now, I'm not remotely interested in doing it. I'd rather go on a Quetico Boundary Waters canoe trip with some Forum members (Hint, Hint) and do a little wilderness survival out there.  :)

Lost is one of those that you had to either follow from day one or catch up on with the dvd series like tcsmpsi mentioned.

Ely, that's funny about the blonde. Which one?

LOGDOG

beenthere

Quote from: DWM II on February 09, 2008, 07:01:10 AM
.......... am addicted to Survivor. It's amazing to see how dasterdly folks can get wen theres a million bucks on the line. I often wonder how that game would bring out the extremes in me. :-\ kinda a suedo reality check for myself.

You would just do what the director told you to do, and create some good stuff for the cameras....about like the professional wrestling guys...only throw in some women too... ::) ::) ::) :) :) :)

It's entertainment.  Wonder how many TV cameras and camera back-up crew they have on site all the time, and how many re-takes they have to do to "get it right" ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ely

i am not even sure of the characters name or the real name of the actress logdog. i just know she was the blonde chic that was there when the rest of them came there..........she barely wore anything at all. if that helps. have not seen the show in several months though so it has probably changed alot.

LOGDOG

Quote from: ely link=topic=29737.msg433688#msg433688 date=1204150971i just know she was the blonde chic that was there when the rest of them came there..........she barely wore anything at all.
/quote]

I can't quite place her but I may need to buy the re-runs on cd now that you mention it.  ;D

LOGDOG

SwampDonkey

I just can't seem to watch that stuff at all nor the Survivor, Big Brother, Race and CSI series. That CSI seems to be on every night here. Isn't there something else to come up with besides that? What ever happened to Carol Burnett and the Muppets variety shows? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LOGDOG

I have to admit I watch 3 of the 4 you mentioned plus LOST. I can't believe I watch Big Brother either - all that yeah, yeah. I can't seem to get into "Jericho" though. I've tried and it just won't take. When my new shop goes up I suspect I'll be spending my evenings out there more. Mama's got a to- do list involving log furniture.

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!