iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met another fourm member today

Started by sgtmaconga, February 07, 2008, 06:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmaconga

I had the pleasure of meeting SDM today. So you that i need to look at the members map more often. his place is just around the corner from my office. That LT-40 he scarfed up looks brand new and he moving logs left and right. Were talking about him coming out to my place to see the barn. Thanks for a great time SDM

Richard
Measure twice cut once

Roxie

Say when

OneWithWood

Small world isn't it?

Uplander dropped into my office yesterday.  What a pleasant and welcomed surprise.  :) 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

uplander

It is kind of neat isnt it! And I can add that Onewithwood is much more presentable
in person than his avatar appears!  ;D

Nice meetin ya Oww

Uplander
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

isawlogs

Quote from: uplander on February 08, 2008, 04:12:03 PM
It is kind of neat isnt it! And I can add that Onewithwood is much more presentable
in person than his avatar appears!  ;D

Nice meetin ya Oww

Uplander
I met OWW last year I am sure he had a neighbour or a brother in law pose for his avatar  :P ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

OneWithWood

It is my evil twin who is often confused for my helpers, myself and I.  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

I recognize him.  He's the Republican one.  :D

Paul_H

I agree Tom.If you look closely at the ball cap in the avatar pic you can make out

"I like Mike"  :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

DanG

:D :D  Well, now that OWW has been exposed as a closet Republican ::)  I'll try to take some heat off.

We had a little Forumite get-together here yesterday.  Fledgling Snowbird Burlkraft, and Mooseherder came up to spend the day.  Woodbowl came over to join us, and after chewing the fat for a while, we all trooped up to Bainbridge and dropped in on Brdmkr.  Now if that ain't a good way to spend a day, I don't know what you'd have to do!  Of course, we stopped by Mr. Hootie's place for a short snoop, and bellied up to the trough at the buffet house along the way. ;D

As is always the case when members meet, there is lots to talk about, plenty of common ground to keep the chit-chat going, and a whole bunch of laughter.  I called Brdmkr just before we got there and asked if the coffee pot was hot.  He says "It can be!" and by the time we arrived, he was pouring green coffee beans in the roaster. :D  We all got to enjoy a mug of fresh Kenyan coffee, brewed up strong the way Mike likes it.  It was really good, but I know what my Granddaddy would say; "Now, that'll put some hair on your chest!"  We took a good look at Mike's new Mahindra tractor, and did a thorough critique of his shop building.  There were five of us, so there were five different opinions on how he should finish out the interior. :D

There were many pics taken, but none of them by me.  I'll have to leave it up to the others to provide the proof. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Burlkraft

It was a great day yesterday..... 8) 8) 8)

Mooseherder and I got a lesson on the fine art of cogitatin' and ingnorin' the critters when they're tellin' ya that yer late gittin' them their dinner  :D  :D  :D

We also got a demo of sawin' pine on a Mobil Dimension mill  ;)  ;)  ;)

Woodbowl gave us some great sweet gum old fashioned dough bowls for us to perfect our sanding technique. They are beauties too.....I can't wait ta git mine home and git started  ;D  ;D

Brdmkr was a good host he showed us around, instructed us on the finer points of roastin' coffee beans and even made us a pot  8)  8)  8)
Of course when said pot was consumed more cogitatin' lessons were given  :D  :D  :D

He's got a nice place and built himself a great shop, which I later learned that it was his first whack at buildin' a structure..... ;)  ;)  ;)  I'll be lookin' forward to the pics of the dual Lucas configuration too  ;)  ;)  ;)

Went to Mooseherder's car this mornin' and found a flat tire  >:(  >:(  >:(  Seems like he also had some tire trouble at the last Forum event...I hope this aint a trend.  We had some Gritz fer breakfast, got some Fix A Flat and a 12 volt air compressor and he was on his way back to West Palm  ;D  ;D  ;D  He's got bean roastin' video and sawin' video and you'll see that when he gits home  ;)  ;)

It was a great weekend...Thanks to all you guy's.  Next up is Corley5 and Nailhead at the Flywheeler's Show in Tampa.  That is if Nailhead's truck works ok  :D  :D  :D

The Jr. Snowbird   ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Fla._Deadheader

Turn yer Cellphone on. Swampy's trying to call you.  ::) ??? ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

OH NO!  Mooseherder didn't get a movie of my mill spittin' a tooth and shank out onto the ground, did he? :o :D :D :D  It's a DanG good thing I wasn't tryin' to impress anybody!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Burlkraft

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on February 17, 2008, 01:27:38 PM

Turn yer Cellphone on. Swampy's trying to call you.  ::) ??? ;D ;D

My phone's been on all day.....

Burlkraft

Quote from: DanG on February 17, 2008, 01:45:16 PM
OH NO!  Mooseherder didn't get a movie of my mill spittin' a tooth and shank out onto the ground, did he? :o :D :D :D  It's a DanG good thing I wasn't tryin' to impress anybody!

Yup he did  ;D  ;D  ;D  It was gittin'dark and ya can even see the sparks  :D  :D  :D

DanG

In the inimitable words of Jed Clampett, "I'm gonna hafta have a long talk with that boy!"  Maybe I can at least get him to show the pic of your plate at the Golden Corral, too. ;D :D :D

pigman

Quote from: Burlkraft on February 17, 2008, 01:13:57 PM
Went to Mooseherder's car this mornin' and found a flat tire ....

I sure wish I had known that was going to happen. I would have been down there to help him fix that flat. I could have paid him back for all the flat tire fixing he has done for me.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

brdmkr

I enjoyed all of y'all coming by.  It was good to meet Burlkraft and Mooseherder.  Still can't figure out Mooseherder.   I'm pretty sure they don't have moose in FL ???  I ain't one to call any names, but there was one of my esteemed visitors that did NOT finish their coffee.  I'll not tellin who ;D ;D ;D, but if you guess, I'll rat him out!

I have the permission of the general to put OSB on the ceiling of the shop as long as I cover the seams with rough cut pine.  I think that might look pretty cool. 

I am also liking the spray foam insulation idea, BUT I have not gotten a bid yet :o
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Mooseherder

Pigman,  I wish you'd have been there also.  You coulda cheered me up. :D
Okay DanG.  I'll post the Food Pics first. :D
The videos will come after the race.  ;D
Which Plate was Burlkraft's? :D
See if you can match the 1st plate with these members/critters at the buffet.
DanG
WoodBowl
Burlkraft
Mooseherder

pigman

Number three pic looks like a plant based meal, therefore it must be BurlKraft"s. As for the the other pics, I am getting hungry.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

I know which one belongs to Burlkraft, the other 3 I dunno, but I'm willing to bet, by the style of the plates, the color of the gravy, the breading on the chicken, and the consistency of the cheese, You guys ate at a Golden Coral.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I'd pic 'em in the order you listed them.... ::) ::) ::)

They all look good....

Burlkraft should be home in this snow storm....jus 'cuz.... ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

There are 4 correct statements between Pigman and Jeff. :D
We got back from brdmkr's (coffee expert) right before dark.  I think DanG planned that so we wouldn't work him too long on the mill.  This short clip is called the shank and bit throw.  Incidentally, I did find the shank but not the bit.  I guess because I was the youngest there. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/v/SD9sda-fgJo

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on February 17, 2008, 04:25:55 PM

Burlkraft should be home in this snow storm....jus 'cuz.... ;D ;D ;D

I ain't comin' home till spring..... :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!