iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We are OK!

Started by ARKANSAWYER, February 06, 2008, 08:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

We saw the "Nater come over the mill and it touched down just 4 miles east of us.  It is pretty bad!  Parts of Gassville are no more.  :'(   One known dead and many hurt and just the highway open for through traffic.  Wife was still at the Hospital working when it hit and stayed the night there to help since the roads were closed.
  If we were not just getting by I would close down and take the whole crew over there to help clear out the mess. 
  But we are all OK!   Thank the Good LORD that it waited a few more minutes to touch down.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Wow!  A twister on the top of that rocky knob would have really cleaned the place up! :o

Keep us updated and get a few pictures.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

beav39

sawdust in the blood

Patty

Thanks for checking in Arky. I was worried.  Stay safe.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Nate Surveyor

Arkey said:

"Nater come over the mill and it touched down just 4 miles east of us"

I'll have you know I was safe in Caddy Gap!  :D :D :D

He he he. I wish I could travel like that!

When it hit here, I was down at the neighbors, and drove home in it. No damage here.

Just to be sure, as internet humor is sometimes missed, I'm funin ya!

Nater

I know less than I used to.

pineywoods

Got kinda nasty here last night. some damage a few miles from us, but we are fine.  The nasty storms that come through here go by LOGDOG and Highpocket's places before they get to me. I think the storms get weakened a bit beating up on LogDOG and Highpockets   Thanky  guys
Pineywoods
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bro. Noble

We saw that the worst of the storm was going to be south of us yesterday evening so went ahead to the milk barn.  Was no fun milking with all the lightening taking place and the stoopid cows jumping with each flash.

Glad you reported in Arky.  I saw on the news this morning what the devistation was like in your area and couldn't stop worring about you.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Warbird

Glad you are okay.  We've got family near Rogers, AR.

Carries-Mom

Glad to hear your ok...grew up in Bruno, was born in Yelleville...Glad to hear your ok, Arky

Faron

Glad to hear you are all ok and undamaged.  My experience so far is tornados and snow storms don't like sawmills. ::)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

roger 4400

Glad you,re okay. Over here we have snow and cold but it,s nothing  compare to the power of a tornado. Very glad you,re fine.    Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

trapper

Nate Surveyor
How far is caddo gap from caddo valley where my daughter is?
trapper
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sawguy21

Thanks to everyone for checking in, I was concerned for you too. Is there anyone in the area that we have not heard from?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ARKANSAWYER

Wife got home and said it was a long night.  To add injury to the whole deal the temp has dropped from the 60's to the mid 30's with a 20 mph + wind and spitting snow.  Not helping at all.  Where it hit it hit hard.  There are several places that got wiped clean.  
 Already there have been people looting.  I say just shoot them on the spot!
ARKANSAWYER

zopi

Glad yer alright..

Was in Clarksville tn when it was destroyed a few yrs ago...slept through it and woke up to the carnage!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Tom

Glad to here you and yours are safe, Arkansawyer.  While I understand the want to help clean up, you will provide a much better service by keeping your place open and your people working.  Make lumber, sell wood and bring home the bacon.  You are always in control of what the price is that you make to the needy.  Perhaps it might be a good thing to ask your help if they mind that you might shave a little to help those that are down.  They will probably tell you that it's your company, but, it will make them be a part of the solution if you wind them in.   When they go home they can say that "we" helped, instead of "Arky" helped.  It'll sure go a long way toward creating a production team.  :)

Sure would be interested in some of the stories.

SwampDonkey

Since we finally got our news back.... I just noticed your troubles down there. Glad everything is in tact at the mill and house at least. Might want to cut up some slabs for a cold spell coming. Maybe some of the neighbors could use a bundle. ;)

I have the same thinking about thieves to Arky. Just goes to show how some people have been raised. When I was growing up it was 'look, but don't touch.'
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ElectricAl

Arky,

We just watched the National News.

DanG that's a bad deal in your area :'(

Happy to hear from you  8)

Al and Linda smiley_wavy
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Captain

Thanks to all for checking in!!  Stay safe!!

Captain

LOGDOG

We just caught the edge of the storm here. Had high winds and rain. I had just put a couple T-bones on the grill when that storm came tearing through. Only damage we had were a couple of wet steaks. Took care of that quick enough though.  ;)

LOGDOG

Nate Surveyor

Mr. Trapper,

We are UPSTREAM, on the Caddo River, about 30 miles.

And, all is well here!

N
I know less than I used to.

scsmith42

I'm glad to hear that everybody is ok so far.  Thanks much for checking in.

We'll keep your neighbors in our thoughts and prayers.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

crtreedude

Good to hear that you are okay. We lived in Texas for a couple of years and I used to deliver papers while I was in school to support us about 4:00 am in the morning - in the spring it would be tornado reports all morning.  :o

I will admit that at times when I describe what the weather can be like up there the Ticos are just plain amazed that people can live up there.  :D Here, a good gust of wind would remove the tin roofs.  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Cedarman

Glad you folks made it through the storm ok.  The aerial shots really show the devastation.  And all those banged up cars and trucks.  I know its tough to figure where to start on the clean up there is such a mess.  Keep looking forward.

3 1/2 years ago we had our tornado go through Marengo and ruin about 1/2 the town.  One person killed.   It takes a good bit of time to get things going again.  Good people pull together and help each other out.  Watch out of others.  Everybody helped with clean up starting just after the storm moved on.  It took months.

The Good Lord throws things at us and from these things opportunity may come.  As part of debris removal, we took a bunch of cedar limbs and brought them home
. After a month these limbs dried and on a lark I ran them through our grinding hog to make mulch.  Gave me the idea to do the same in Ok with a big grinder and as they say the rest is history.  A new company is born.

Keep positive and look for the good things.

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

thecfarm

Glad you are OK. Too bad that some people have to take advantage of a bad situation.You are all in my thoughts.

crtreedude,don't tell them about the snow we get here.The Ticos will know we are crazy.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!