iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what a workout....

Started by zopi, February 05, 2008, 10:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Finally got to some of the big pines I have had stashed for months..2x stuff and a couple of big slabs..

had to do some creative rigging to get the monster up there...Thanks Furby! I used a two fall tackle and
the dodge...my back is liking me better..besides I like my legs unbroken...same deal for turning it..couple log dogs
driven into the slab wood and a tag line rove in...hook up the tackle and pull...easy.

I even had a hydraulic log clamp on a 15 for awhile...didn't like the look of the log looming over the clamps..
so I added the jack in. nightmare visions of the log rolling while the mill is under power...ugly.

[/img]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/16833/IMG_0028.JPG[/img]

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Coon

Nice to see somebody working.  Just remember to work smart not hard.  It'll pay off in the end.

Try hitting enter between pics.  It really makes them alot easier to look at. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

beav39

nice job some creative thinking going on there how do you like your mill?
sawdust in the blood

zopi

Quote from: beav39 on February 06, 2008, 05:30:24 AM
nice job some creative thinking going on there how do you like your mill?

I like it alot..it's user friendly..something you don't see alot of these days..If I have to do
too many more logs that size, I wants me some hyraulics..jeez. i'm hurtin' this morning.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Lud

Take a couple Ibu's before you hit the rack. 

Stretch before you start strainin'.  Get in the habit of "testin" before you give 110%.  At 55 ,  I have no back problems cuz I'm careful and I have a lot of sympathy for fellas with a bad back.

Testin' is a good practice to adopt.  It always brings to my mind how you find out if a girl is ticklish. ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Bibbyman

I see one LogRite cant hook.  If you don't have two, you don't have nearly enough.  We've got an LT40 hydraulic and we've got four LogRite cant hooks.  One for each hand for both of us!   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

a boom with a boat winch works wonders for turning and loading big ones...

can't have too much logrite:
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

tcsmpsi

Remember, zopi...

That feeling, is not hurting.  It is anticipation.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

zopi

Quote from: Dan_Shade on February 06, 2008, 08:50:28 AM
a boom with a boat winch works wonders for turning and loading big ones...

It's in the works...already got the winch..buddy is getting me the steel stock.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

submarinesailor

None of the ships will be missing any steel would they??????? ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Bruce

zopi

nahh..HY-80 is tough to weld right...

I gotta dig out the forge for a few minutes and make myself a hook for that winch..one I can hook into the log to turn it...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

LeeB

Get on ebay and find some skidding hooks.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

zopi

Quote from: LeeB on February 06, 2008, 10:08:32 PM
Get on ebay and find some skidding hooks.

I could do that, but I have a chunk of vanguard tool steel kicking around and it'll take ten minutes on the anvil to make what i need..

besides, I have a cheap pair of tongs that I need to increase the "grab angle" of...they slip too easy.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!