iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawdust blower

Started by beav39, February 05, 2008, 06:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beav39

anyone have any insite on how to hook up a blower to an lt40 most of my sawing is done at my building
sawdust in the blood

pineywoods

Got bunches of ideas, all of'em have some drawback or another.  Here's what I settled on
Click on this link

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,21322.0.html

Only problem I have had is the pulley hung on the clothes line and tore my hose in two. Lare pieces of bark (I saw mostly pine) will occasionally plug up behind the teeth in the exit chute.

You need a slip joint on both ends of the hose. If you can't make your own, they are available from pen state industries, but kinda pricey. Use 5 inch hose and 6 inch discharge pipe. Stove pipe is cheap and works well.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beav39

Quote from: pineywoods on February 05, 2008, 06:34:45 PM
Got bunches of ideas, all of'em have some drawback or another.  Here's what I settled on
Click on this link

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,21322.0.html

Only problem I have had is the pulley hung on the clothes line and tore my hose in two. Lare pieces of bark (I saw mostly pine) will occasionally plug up behind the teeth in the exit chute.

You need a slip joint on both ends of the hose. If you can't make your own, they are available from pen state industries, but kinda pricey. Use 5 inch hose and 6 inch discharge pipe. Stove pipe is cheap and works well.
thanks pineywoods great pics and info i will let you know what i come up with and posts some pic thanksagain
sawdust in the blood

Dave Shepard

We are using 4", and it is plenty, although we have it on a huge blower. I made up a stand tube for our LT40, as I needed to be able to walk past the machine and the hose would have been in the way if I didn't. It is made up of SDR sewer pipe and fittings.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

zopi

i wonder if hanging the uptake duct on a unistrut section with a door trolley to let it ride back and forth with the mill would work?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dave Shepard

I used a piece of 1/8th inch cable and a small pulley. You can see a shiny metal strap on the hose near the fluorescent light, it is attached to a small pulley. The cable is to the left of and parallel to the light fixture. It works great in conjunction with the swivel on the mill. As you can see it has allowed the hose to be up high enough to allow travel next to the mill.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beav39

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 05, 2008, 08:07:06 PM
We are using 4", and it is plenty, although we have it on a huge blower. I made up a stand tube for our LT40, as I needed to be able to walk past the machine and the hose would have been in the way if I didn't. It is made up of SDR sewer pipe and fittings.

Dave
thanks dave looks good what did you use for a swivel to allow for travel?also what kind of blower do you have?
sawdust in the blood

bandmiller2

Low  tech, lt70 with a large rubber hose on the shoot lays down a neat ridge of sawdust on a smooth cement floor pushed into a pile with a large snow shovel.Stable on the grounds ,sawdust pile dissapears.Every couple of logs the off bearer makes one or two swipes with the snow shovel.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

beav39

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 06, 2008, 06:11:27 AM
Low  tech, lt70 with a large rubber hose on the shoot lays down a neat ridge of sawdust on a smooth cement floor pushed into a pile with a large snow shovel.Stable on the grounds ,sawdust pile dissapears.Every couple of logs the off bearer makes one or two swipes with the snow shovel.Frank C.
same way i do it now tired of shoveling
sawdust in the blood

Dave Shepard

The second picture is a closeup of the swivel. The green pipe is 4" SDR sewer pipe, and a 4" 45° fitting. I pulled the rubber gasket out of the fitting. There are two bolts with a spring between them to hold it all together. Here is a picture of the blower setup, which we are converting to electric. 

Dave

Thank You Sponsors!