iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of 1st ever attempt at oil painting

Started by PawNature, February 04, 2008, 01:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawNature

I know there are people on the forum that can put me to shame when it come to painting as I know ablsoulty nothing.
But I thought I would post these anyway.
This was my first attempt.
Any other rainey day artist on here.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Coon

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Carries-Mom

Patty

Very nice!  8)     As someone who can barely hold a paint brush, much less paint a picture, I really envy your talent.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

Good job, PaNature
One of the hardest things I found about water was trying to keep it in the picture.   Mine usually looks like it is falling out of the canvas.

SwampDonkey

Good job Pawnature. I don't have a steady enough hand or the elegance to paint a picture of any detail. Oh, I've dibbled a bit here and there, never on canvas. I used to draw a lot with pencil, I think most of it is gone in the trash by now during my mother's cleaning frenzies. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Looks like your using oils eh?  You found a great hobby! (Other then the prep and clean up. YUK!)

Quote from: PawNature on February 04, 2008, 01:11:39 PM
Any other rainey day artist on here.

In another life before the Forestry Forum. Actually, painting is a big part of why the Forestry Forum exists. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CLL

Pawnature, just by looking I believe I can outdraw you with my STICKMEN. :D :D Very pretty pictures!!!
Too much work-not enough pay.

dundee

For a first attempt, that is sooooooooooooo good, well done mate

bull

keep posting I want to see the second attempt.... 1st attempt " fabulous"!!!
You's an artist...

blaze83

awesome, I think I fished that lake in the Cabinet Mountain wilderness in western montana. deffinatly some talent there, look forward to seeing what's next
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Dave Shepard

Wow! That is outstanding Pawnature! Do you paint from memory or from photos? Now you need to find an old sawmill in a ramshackle building to paint. I can't paint a fence never mind a picture of something that actually looks like, well, anything. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woody1

I wish I could do half that good. I always wanted to be able to draw and paint. Great picture !
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

PawNature

Gee, thanks for all the kind comments. Actually I loved to watch Bob Ross on pbs. So my wife got me one of his kits for Christmas. All I did was watch the video and then painted the picture.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Fla._Deadheader

My first Bride started that way. She watched the old German guy, and Bob Ross. Your work is very good for a first time.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

Yeah just never know until ya try something.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

Great job. 8)  But you know me, I just have to make a comment. Since there are two pictures, one has to be the second attempt at painting. They both are so good I am not sure which one is the first attempt and which one is the second attempt. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

bull

zopi

I'd say that's a little more than an attempt...they are excellent!

maybe just a touch more blue in the mountains...but I wouldn't sweat it..I cannot keep a piece I work on because
I keep going back and wanting to change things...

I envy your talent with a brush..I can airbrush fairly well..but doing anything with a brush is beyond me..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

That looks some nice.That would look good hanging on a wall.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

I did a few paintings with oil and never could get acustomed to the smell . I have since gone with acrylics , dont know nothing about painting other then putting colours in the right place to make something resemble something . I have no formal training , my daughter though , second year university in fine arts , now she can paint /draw/sculpt/  beter'n me any time  :D
She did tell me once to work from the back to the front , wich made sense after cogitating about it for a while .  :P :D

For a first attempt at painting , you have done a very good job .

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bro. Noble

Well I used to do a little painting,  but havn't for years and probably won't again------ With my poor eyesight, I would have trouble telling one number from the others ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!