iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ivanbo

Started by Nancbee, February 03, 2008, 09:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancbee

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you of the passing of my Dad, Ivan R. Booker, (Ivanbo). He died tonight after a brief illness at the age of 97. He is the last of his 16 brothers and sisters. He leaves his wife of 65 years, Beatrice, 2 sons and one daughter. Also 10 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and many, many nieces, nephews, friends and acquaintances.

His legacy is one of love, laughter, artistry and love for the outdoors. He will be sorely missed.
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Haytrader

Sorry to hear about your dad passing.
By his age I would say he lived a pretty full life and you had a lot of years with him.
Our prayers are with you and your family.

Haytrader and Mrs.
Haytrader

Sprucegum

:( You have my condolences  :(

isawlogs

Toutes mes condoléances cher Nancy, à toi et à ta famille   :(

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Our sympathy and prayers for the Ivanbo family.

Thank you for letting us know.

Heres the link to the video of Ivan at a chestnut plantation...checking thing out.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,28608.msg410410.html#msg410410
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CLL

You have our sympathy for you family. CLL
Too much work-not enough pay.

Jeff

Nancy, Ivan has left a great Legacy and the Forestry Forum will miss him greatly.  To me, your Father's name is synonymous with the mention of the American Chestnut and some day I hope that many many people will be able to once again stand at the base of one the trees that your Father planted or was responsible for having planted. I know he will be looking down upon them with a smile. :)

Condolences to you and your family from all of us here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

I reread your earlier thread about your dad a day or two ago with a smile. My condolences to your family and those he leaves here below. Well done Ivan Booker.

WDH

Nancbee,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father.  He was a great man.  I am sure he was very proud of you.  I know that you are proud of him. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Nancy, please accept my sincere sympathy for the loss of your Dad.  He lived a long and productive life, but that doesn't make his passing any easier to bear.  We will remember him fondly.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  It sounds like he made his mark and created a legacy.  I pray that he is with God now and for comfort for your entire family.

Tom

Nancy,
My sympathies on the loss of your Dad.  It's our loss too.

I glad that I had the chance to meet him, even though it was an Internet relationship.  I know I'm better for having known him.

Thanks for bringing him around.  His envolvement her was minimal, but rich.

JimMoore

You have my condolences

sawguy21

I too am very sorry to hear of your loss, he will be sorely missed. I never met him in person but he impressed me with his knowledge and zest for life. Treasure your memories and pass them on.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

Please accept my deepest sympathies in the passing of your father. I will pray for your and your family's strength during this difficult time.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

Sorry for your family's loss. I know your dad enjoyed himself with his occupation with perpetuating and proliferating the American Chestnut. A very worthwhile effort, since the loss of any tree species is significant. Many folks will remember him for his efforts and passion for the chestnut.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don K

Nancy, I am very sorry for loss. It seems as time goes by we are losing more and more of what I call the backbone of America. Having watched that video of your father I wish he was a man I could have met and just listened too.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

asy

I, too, am very sorry to hear of your loss...

I'd love to hear more about your dad, sounds like he was a very special man.

Tell me (showing 'aussie ignorance' here) is the American Chestnut similar to the European one? With big fruits used for children's games (konkers) as well as eating?

Nancy, it certainly sounds as if your dad's legacy will outlive us all.

asy...
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

OneWithWood

His was a life well lived. Your memories of him are rich.

It is a different world for you now but your memories and the lessons learned from him will sustain you.

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dave Shepard

Please accept my condolences.

It was just last week that I met a member of the ACF working diligently in a neighboring town. It appears your father has left a legacy that will continue to give back for a very long time to come.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

Sorry to hear of your loss Nancy. I only knew Ivan through the video posted here and he struck me a very caring person. Your family will be in our prayers.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Coon

Sympathy is with us here in the Great White North.  Your father is not dead he just moved on to a better place.  He left bits and pieces of himself all over the countryside for the years to come.  As long as the American Chestnut is around so will Ivanbo be. 

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Sorry to hear of your Father.Another great man gone,but not forgotten.You are in my thoughts.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!