iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mama sawin'

Started by zopi, February 03, 2008, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Mama got done splitting wood tonight...apparently wood splitters are therapeutic...whichever kind..

came up and played with the saw...

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Polly

8) 8)   looks like she wnows what she is doing i believe if i was you i would just stay out of the way and not get covered up by sawdust :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

You done shot yerself in the foot, son.  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

zopi

nope....

first time she has to load or turn a big log by hand she will start trying to figure out
how to get something orange with hydraulics in here...besides..i made her sticker her kill..that puts
a quick damper on things... ;D

you cut it, you stack it...maybe that will get me an FEL....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

brdmkr

Nope Zopi, I gotta agree with FDH, you have shot yourself in the foot!  I let my wife run the mill.  If she decides to come over to the mill site, I am the offbearer. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Fla._Deadheader

Right now, she's just practicin. Wait till she decides to make YOU sweat, moving and stacking, and loading and turning logs.

She looks capable of puttin a hurt on you.  ::) ;D ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

zopi

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on February 03, 2008, 09:36:02 PM

Right now, she's just practicin. Wait till she decides to make YOU sweat, moving and stacking, and loading and turning logs.

jeez..i'm doin' all that anyhow...

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on February 03, 2008, 09:36:02 PM

She looks capable of puttin a hurt on you.  ::) ;D ;D :D :D

yes..but I am nimble. when you have a smart mouth like me you learn that particular skill at an early age...

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

I bet it especially smarts if she connects.  :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Do you share the mill.You saw during the day and she saws at night?  :)  Good pictures you have.Glad you 2 are having fun with the mill.When it turns to work it's time to do something else in your case.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zopi

Quote from: thecfarm on February 04, 2008, 08:04:05 AM
Do you share the mill.You saw during the day and she saws at night?  :)  Good pictures you have.Glad you 2 are having fun with the mill.When it turns to work it's time to do something else in your case.

nahh..i only really get to saw at night...too busy with other projects..the lumber we're sawing now is earmarked for later things..those knotty 1x12s will more than likely wind up on one of the sheds..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ErikC

Sometimes my wife helps by running the mill. She never helps by stacking the boards. You might want to keep this in mind..... :)

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Coon

I think we just found out who wears the pants in the relationship didn't we?  :D :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Universal sufferance and self sufficiency, make the women work to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zopi

Quote from: Coon on February 04, 2008, 02:24:59 PM
I think we just found out who wears the pants in the relationship didn't we?  :D :D :D

yeah, but they fit her well... :D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Fla._Deadheader

She needs some high top slippers. Them are gonna fill up quick.  ::) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

oldsaw

So, has she claimed your new toy yet?

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

zopi

nahhh...she did discover that walking up and down on the sawdust bed I keep raked out next to the mill is nice on the back though...i keep it around 3/4" thick and rake in some fresh every few days...

i might go out and bust up a few shorts tonight for stickers...ran out last night, and i'm about to make 500 bdft of 2x
in the next couple of big logs...gunna be fun loading those monsters...I gotta build a winch frame.... ::)
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

Mama didn't want to play tonight, so the seven year old went out with me...sawed two little shorts and a bunch
of near worthless edge boards (I hate edging...so i put it off..) into stickers..Akey likes tailing the stickers off, even though
a dozen or so come off at a time..they are little enough for her to carry...she even cranked the mill through a couple passes...with daddy comfortably leaning on the mill head, out of her sight... ;D

she got to play with the little cant hook..it's still taller than she is, but she rolled a little 8" by 6' log all over the yard...she needs one of those 30" logrites...

heh..daddy's little tomboy.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

fat olde elf

I'm waiting for Bibbyman to jump on here..........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

thecfarm

Next there will be a thread daughter sawing.  :D   I wonder if Logrite has a little pink peavey for Akey.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zopi

Quote from: fat olde elf on February 04, 2008, 11:01:18 PM
I'm waiting for Bibbyman to jump on here..........

yah..mama's name is mary too...guess all i really need is an LT40 and some Bibs... ;D

I've already got too many logs... ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

Quote from: thecfarm on February 05, 2008, 06:20:02 AM
Next there will be a thread daughter sawing.  :D   I wonder if Logrite has a little pink peavey for Akey.

they have 24" and 30" models...I checked...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

Valentine's day is just around the cornor.I would like to her rolling a log with a pink peavey.

Thank You Sponsors!