iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Raspberry Patch - Need to Move It.

Started by submarinesailor, February 03, 2008, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Need to move my raspberry patch.  Right now I don't have any type of system to stand them up.  They just lay on the ground.  I was wondering if anyone has a recommended method that gets them up, but gives you good access and is easy to maintain.  I'm thinking about using a "T" post arrangement like a lot of the vineyards are using.

Woodcarver

We drive a pair of metal fence post in the ground at both ends of the row and run wire between them to support the canes. Long rows require a pair or two along the length of the row in addition to those on the ends.

The system you describe should work, too, Submarinesailor.  I think I'd drill a hole in either end of the board to run the wire through.  New canes tend to come up outside of the support wires.  It's easier to capture the new canes if you can take the wires down and restring them fairly easily.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

SwampDonkey

I just let mine go. But, dad does the 'T' thing you suggest submarinesailor. I have way more berries from my patch.  I keep the burdock pulled though. :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!