iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ecosagen

Started by Quebecnewf, February 02, 2008, 03:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Has anyone checked out this sawmill (do a search under Google )

Looks like a great rig. I wonder if there are any in North America

Quebecnewf

Furby

I find it to be a VERY interesting mill and the log centering concept solves a problem I ran into on a design I've been working on for a while.
I am REALLY interested in the timber cutter, seems there was someone asking about such a machine several weeks back.

Sorry I don't know anything about it, but thanks for bringing it up as I do find it interesting. :)

Here's the link for anyone interested: Link

Furby

zopi

When Porcsche met Woodmizer....

That's pretty neat, that is...400 V tho...odd voltage for this side of the pond...

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Tom

I wonder where they get such long extension cords?

getoverit

I was wondering where they are getting their power from?? is there a generator somewhere that isnt shown or are they plugging that beast into a power pole?
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

zopi

Tom...from the Big and Long store... ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Furby

They sell a PTO generator for the mill based on what their site says.
Not sure where the power for the mill in the videos is coming from.

nsmike

Under Electrical Works they have a generator that looks like it attaches to the PTO of a tractor. I know that some of the older circle mills were powered by tractors it looks like we have come full circle. Were back to using tractors to power the mill. Looks like Ferby types faster.
Mike

brdmkr

That is a cool design, but I thought that the logs were a little small.  I liked how they referred to the log with the slabbing attachment as overgrown.   It didn't look to be over 18" to me.  I wonder what the max log size for the circle blades would be?
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Furby

20" for the circle blades.
27" for the bar head.

Thank You Sponsors!