iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am probably the last to know this . . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, December 07, 2007, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hydro2

Here is an e-mail I sent to Husky.

I was getting ready to purchase another Husky saw. I have owned several of them in the past few years including a 357, 353 and a worn out 372.  I was looking at replacing the 372.  I have bought my saws from Alamia and Baileys.  Went to Bailey's website and found that Husky can no longer be mail ordered.  Looks like my 353 will be my last Husky purchase.  I am getting ready to purchase a Solo. Don't know if I will like it or not, however I am not going to get taken by the local dealer at over $100.00 more for a 372.  I am loyal, but not that loyal.  Hope your new marketing strategy works out for you, but I have my doubts. How many saws have Baileys sold for you? I bet they have generated a great deal of profit.  Combine that with all the other online dealers and I bet the amount of saws Husky moved online was huge, really huge.  Love the saw, but it comes down to the buck.  Bad move on the part of cooperate Husky, for you and me! Bet within five years you are back selling online. By then myself and others will have a loyalty to another brand. Really bad for you!  I will be happy with a new brand.   
I don't purchase that many saws in a five year period, just think about all the tree surgeons and loggers that purchased online and how many saw they purchase in a five year period.  Do you think they want to get taken any more than me?  Many of the local dealers don't even stock the 372.  They want to sell you some homeowner junk like the 455 that has a horrible power to weight ratio. Good Luck with the new marketing strategy!!!!! 
353 Husky
Husky 372XP
030 Stihl
Mahindra 4035
Speeco Log Splitter
Hardy Outside Wood Stove

Old TimberCutter

What size solo are you looking at, and how does the price compare to husky?

johncinquo

You can still order and buy a saw through Baileys, and they still have some great prices.  You just have to pick up the saw at their shop.  And, you have to pay Kalifornia sales tax. 

I just made a new friend who lives nearby and will pick up and ship whatever I want.   8) :D

It sounds like a poor deal for us, the end consumers, but after hearing the complete explanation from another dealer, it makes perfect sense.  They want to protect all of their dealers, who sell a majority of their saws, rather than than 1 dealer who sells a lot of their saws. 

Baileys still sells and ships all saw parts.  I still love them, have an order on the way now for more goodies!    The margins on the saws Baileys was selling had to have been razor thin, just look at the prices compared to what everyone else is selling them for.  I am sure they make more profits on aftermarket and accessories sales. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

johncinquo

Quote from: hydro2 on February 03, 2008, 01:08:17 AM
Here is an e-mail I sent to Husky.

I was getting ready to purchase another Husky saw. I have owned several of them in the past few years including a 357, 353 and a worn out 372.  I was looking at replacing the 372.  I have bought my saws from Alamia and Baileys.  Went to Bailey's website and found that Husky can no longer be mail ordered.  Looks like my 353 will be my last Husky purchase.  I am getting ready to purchase a Solo. Don't know if I will like it or not, however I am not going to get taken by the local dealer at over $100.00 more for a 372.  I am loyal, but not that loyal.  Hope your new marketing strategy works out for you, but I have my doubts. How many saws have Baileys sold for you? I bet they have generated a great deal of profit.  Combine that with all the other online dealers and I bet the amount of saws Husky moved online was huge, really huge.  Love the saw, but it comes down to the buck.  Bad move on the part of cooperate Husky, for you and me! Bet within five years you are back selling online. By then myself and others will have a loyalty to another brand. Really bad for you!  I will be happy with a new brand.   
I don't purchase that many saws in a five year period, just think about all the tree surgeons and loggers that purchased online and how many saw they purchase in a five year period.  Do you think they want to get taken any more than me?  Many of the local dealers don't even stock the 372.  They want to sell you some homeowner junk like the 455 that has a horrible power to weight ratio. Good Luck with the new marketing strategy!!!!! 

We'd like to think that is how it works, but its not even close.  The consumers input is limited to limited to how a corporation like that makes its final decisions.  If what we thought was important, they would do away with a saw like the 55 and the 372xp would be a huge seller, and the price would come down.   Instead they can pump out the 55 by the kagillions and make a better profit margin.    Sell to the masses, eat with the classes! 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

hydro2

Quote from: Old TimberCutter on February 03, 2008, 05:55:11 PM
What size solo are you looking at, and how does the price compare to husky?

Don't even know yet really. Just know it won't be a Husky. What a shame.
353 Husky
Husky 372XP
030 Stihl
Mahindra 4035
Speeco Log Splitter
Hardy Outside Wood Stove

hydro2

I never even got an e mail back from Husky (other than an automated one), but I did receive a survey asking how satisfied I was with the reposonse time and support. 
353 Husky
Husky 372XP
030 Stihl
Mahindra 4035
Speeco Log Splitter
Hardy Outside Wood Stove

Thank You Sponsors!