iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Geee Willikars! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Started by CHARLIE, January 30, 2008, 12:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

It's been a miserably cold and windy day. Tomorrow is supposed to be as bad or worse. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o   I think I'll fix myself a huge pot of grits! 8)

Observed at: New Richmond, Wisconsin
Elevation: 994 ft / 303 m 

Temperature: -9 °F / -23 °C
Clear
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: -22 °F / -30 °C 
Wind: 20 mph / 32 km/h / 8.7 m/s  from the WNW   
Wind Gust: 31 mph / 50 km/h / 13.9 m/s 
Pressure: 29.71 in / 1006 hPa (Rising) 
Windchill: -34 °F / -37 °C 
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers 
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Charlie Charlie Charlie!  Just what the heck are you doing up there, anyway? ::)   I mean, Burlkraft and Beenthere have Beenthere all along, so they don't know no better.  But you?  You was raised down here in Florida, so you do know better.  I looked around and seen that we didn't deport you or nuthin, so why don't you hitch up your droopy little buns and get back down here where you belong? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sprucegum

If it hits -23 C here I'm takin' off my Parka!  ;D

SPIKER

He didn't know any better and sat on a metal chair, I think he's stuck till spring at least!  :D ::)  ;D :o   I sure hope he didn't fall for that licking the flag pole thing hehehe

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

fuzzybear

It's been in the -50c range here for the last week. Warmed up to -39 today.  All I can say is         go_away
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

sawdust

My vote is with Sprucegum,  My thermometer is visible down to about -35 and it went awol a week ago.
-23 would feel like an an early summer. With the windchill I think Sprucegums area was -51 on wednesday.

global warming my heini. Bring it on.
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

sawguy21

That's it, now I remember why I left Alberta. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

We have had temps as low as -42C here without windchill.  With the winds we've been having the temps have been more like -50 to -55C w/windchill.  This area is basically wide open farmland with a few bluffs of aspen here and there.  We have had more than enough whiteout conditions for the winter.  I could not see 10 feet in front of me on Tuesday morning when I walked to the store, yet there were people driving around w/ 4x4's.  I think we are on the tail swing of this cold snap.  Todays temps were up to -24 C with a slight breeze.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

25° F and clearing skies here, mild (for here) for the next week.  ;D

The wind feels cold though, goes to the bone. We had about 6 inches of wintery mix last night and until noon today. It's warm in the house.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

AJinNZ

Charlie

We been having a terrible hot time of it.
Poured concrete 2 days ago and it was around 35 to 38C. The stuff was going hard before I had a chance to flatten it out.

Plus its DRY.....deciduous trees are dumping their leaves to try and keep up. Grass is all one colour.......seared brown. Even the wabbits have decided to hide up someplace cooler.

I will trade you any amount of cold for all the hot you can carry. I will even help you carry it.

Gotta say I hates the hot..........

sawdust

You have a point. I would much rather have cold than hot, you can keep adding layers but you can only remove to a point.
I have poured concrete that took two days to finish finishing, even with calcium added.
One benefit to cold. no really nasty bugs or snakes. Keeps the tourists at bay too!

comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

jim king

I heard a rumor that it is so cold up there that even Al Gore had to tie a string on it to find it so he didn´t pith in his pants.

Thank You Sponsors!