iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt15 water re-route...

Started by zopi, January 27, 2008, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

I re-plumbed the water line tonight, I moved the mill through it's range of motion and all seemed ok..I will try sawing with it
tomorrow....the sharkbite connectors are all  quick disconnect so I can pop it back off or modify it as desired

I will come up with something better to mount the valve itself if this works out ok...standoff clamp that doesn't interfere with
the depth scale..but really, that high, yer cuttin' slabs, if anything...

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

Works well....went through three logs so far tonight...wouldn't have stopped, but had to eat.. ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

ok..I like it..but I do have to turn the valve over, should pull down to start water and up to stop..process improvement.

I saw in the mods thread where the water nozzle is moved to the drive side roller guide...does that work better? Less mess?
how does it affect blade life?

jeez but this is fun.. ;D

can sawdust really be worse than crack? 
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

tim1234

Hey Zopi,

I just look where you are located.  You must be less than an hour from where my In-laws live.  Maybe, the next time I'm down that way you can Play with....um... show me your mill.  ;D

My in-laws are in Suffolk, near Driver.

Tim
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

zopi

oh yeah...maybe 15 minutes with a headwind...they miss a turn I make going to work by like three miles...I go through
chuckasuck every day..

drop me a pm when you are coming...I'll get some twigs to tweak...we got more bloody trees out here than you...uhhhh...can shake a stick at.. :D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

tim1234

After the hurricane a few years back, my wife's uncle was stockpiling trees in a yard for possible milling or selling to a mill.  He had a crane and a truck, so he was getting paid to remove the trees by the insurance companies and then selling the trees.  Don't know if he got rid of them all or if they are rotting in a big pile somewhere.

Tim

zopi

if it was Isabelle in'03 they are probably in pretty good shape if they are still there..at least the ones up off of the ground..
the pecan I milled tonight came out of a HUGE old tre that went down in 03...hard as a rock and gorgeous..I still have to go back and get the trunk...maybe 4' DBH...gonna have to quarter it with the chainsaw...i might get 15 or 20' of trunk..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

tim1234

Zopi,

Never saw Chuckatuk spelled like that or is a different place ::)  :D  ;D

Tim

zopi

it was proper noun turned into a descriptive term... :D

wide bumpy place in the road...don't blink.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!