iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"How It's Made" about local steel mill

Started by pigman, January 25, 2008, 08:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Tonight at 9 PM EST on the Science Channel our little county's stainless steel mill will be featured. The mill is North American Stainless and is a Spanish owned company. I know several workers at the mill and will be watching to see if I recognize anyone.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

I love that show too! ;D
Will be watching there Bob.

WH_Conley

Hey, I didn't know NAS was foreign owned. Don't know why that would be suprising. I have worked around there, I will be watching
Bill

WH_Conley

Guess I need to pay more attention to when posts are made. ::) ::)
Bill

pigman

Bill you didn't miss much. That segment only lasted about 5 minutes. It will be repeated several times in the next several days.
It was orignally a Spanish owned mill, but with all the buyouts and mergers it might be owned by someone from Mars now. The plant manger is from Spain and while the plant was under construction several local workers were sent to Spain to be trained.
The only person that was shown was a crane operator and I didn't recognize him.  My neighbor works for a contractor and moves the big melting pots.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

For someone that complains about slow dial up.............
I don't even get that channel Bob. :-\

sawguy21

I caught an episode where they were building lawnmowers. :D :D They then got into making gold jewelry chain. That show is fascinating.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!