iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What a "Find"!

Started by Barbara_Gill, July 14, 2001, 04:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara_Gill

Thanks to Bibbyman I just "found" this site. What a great place! I live in Virginia and have been running a custom sawing  business for over 15 years. I have a older LT40HD with a bed extension. This mill is run with a 3-phase motor. My first mill, a LT40 was portable.  I am also a woodworker which has really helped me when customers do not know how they want their logs sawn.  :)
Barbara Gill
www.velvitoil.com

timberbeast

Where the heck is my axe???

Kevin

Welcome Barbara, you do some nice work there.
Quality plus, and very unique.
I use an Alaskan mill up here in the north country only because I want to become one with my logs and feel every nook and crany as I inch my way towards the end of each log.
The log and I are joined through the Alaskan and we share a very special bond which is passed on into the boards we mill.
Plus I can`t afford an LT-40. :-/

Bibbyman

Barbara and I started to exchange e-mail four or five years ago and we continue to keep in touch every now and then. The mutual interest being Wood-Mizer mills and sawing.

8) 8) 8)

About the second or third exchange,  we got around to telling each other where were live.  Well,  she lives on the cost in Virginia and we live in the middle of Missouri.  Barbara said she had a brother that lived in Missouri - New Bloomfield to be exact - had I heard of that town?  Well,  New Bloomfield is about 15 miles south  and west of  Fulton.  But I had not met her brother or even heard his name.

About a year passed and one evening I get a call from her brother.  We are talking away and got to; "Barbara said you live in New Bloomfield - I live in Fulton."  "Well",  he said; "I don't live IN New Bloomfield,  I live east of New Bloomfield out in the sticks."  "Well,  I don't live IN Fulton,  I live south of Fulton and east of New Bloomfield."  I told him I lived off the west end of State road NN and he said he lived off of State road BB.  I told him I knew where that was - what county road was he on?  He told me, and yea,  I knew where that was - how far down that road did he live? At then very end.  Hummm.  I live off the end of this county road.  "Do you have the big old house on the end of the ridge with a barn below it?"  "Yes" Came back;  "Do you live in the long earth-contact house facing the south?  We came to the realization that we lived across the valley from each other.  We could almost stand in our yards and yell to each other.  His house is the only house in view from my house.  Although it's only about a mile to his house as the crow flies,  it's about a 15-mile drive to get to it.  ::)

I've still not met her brother and we haven't talked again but Barbara and I still exchange e-mails once in a while.  I guess interest is stronger than distance.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Gordon

Welcome your in my neck of the woods so to speak. I'm in DE across and up the bay some from your neck of the woods.

Oystering and peeler crabs quite a mix. Nothing better than fresh oysters on the half shell. Bay oysters that is I don't care for the Chincoteague oysters too salty. But I'll polish off a few without problem. Same goes for crabs, I can sit down for a few and pick crabs get up take a break and start all over again. Lovin life and livin large. Gooooood eatin.

The roundstern is a thing of the past. Sad but true. Taken over by larger and faster workboats. A one cyl palmer years ago is now replaced by a 6 or 8 cylinder diesel. More miles to cover and more pots to run.

Isn't it neat the different accents that are in the small bay towns. You can really tell the difference from someone living in Deltaville right down the street from you. As opposed to someone from Chrisfied or Deal Island. We won't even go into Tangier that speaks for it self. The reason I say this is that I used to live in Rock Hall.

One last thing you have a very nice webpage. I did notice one thing the link to the woodcalcualtors is dead. Might want to try this link http://www.timberbuyer.net/toolbox.htm

Guess I'm running off at the mouth so welcome to the forum
Gordon

Barbara_Gill

Thanks everyone for the great welcome and nice words.  

Thanks for letting me know about that link  and suggesting another one Gordon. I guess I better fix it.  :)
Barbara Gill
www.velvitoil.com

Tom

Hey Barbara,

This is where those calculators were written.  Jeff the guhru programmed them and I think the two Rons helped with the idea.

We had a "hot time in the old town" when a fellow tried to steal them not too long ago.  Jeff got on his war pony and went after him.  The woodweb uses them but they aren't their creations.  

All the brains are right here. :D :D

CHARLIE

Welcome Barbara!  You'll find this forum full of Friendly and Fun people! You'll have a great time here.  We've both been on some of the other woodworking forums and we've exchanged some notes.  By the way, not that it matters much, I'm Tom's little brother and I joined this forum just to keep him honest. He tends to tell some whoppers sometimes. :D He's a tree slicer down in the Jacksonville Florida area. I'm up in the state of 10,000 taxes with a pro wrestler for a guvner    ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Gordon

Your right Tom the brains are right here. Well the ones that built the calculators. :D As for the rest of us well speaking for myself, I've got a hard time just trying to figure out a simple tree. But that is a whole different thread.

Jeff had his war horse in the wind8) 8) 8)just glad it wasn't me that took um. But the nice thing is that you don't have to take them they are free to use on Timberbuyers.

Nuff said  :)

Thank You Sponsors!