iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not so high limb removal.

Started by Woodwalker, January 25, 2008, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwalker

The trees around the hay fields are always in need of pruning. In years past I've stood in the bucket of a  FEL and used a chainsaw.  Works, but ain't all that safe. So I built this

The unit is free swinging, with about an 18' reach. Still use the chainsaw, but all I have to worry about is staying on the better half's good side when she's driving.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

DanG

Now I like dat!  As sturdy as you built that boom, I think you could have gone a few feet higher, if you needed to. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

He might be built like me and not have enough counter-weight on the tractor, Dang. :D

DanG

Well he could hire you to sit on the drawbar, couldn't he? ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

That could be fun with a dozen doughnuts and a pot of coffee. ;D

Woodwalker

For higher stuff, I'll get a bucket from work. Even with my over-weight self in it, don't weigh as much as a round bale.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Thank You Sponsors!