iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck Pics.

Started by ADAMINMO, January 23, 2008, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Thought I would start a thread to put in pictures of you trucks or cars. Heres a picture of my truck. I have had it a little over a year. It is a 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport. It has the 318 v8. I wish it had the 3rd door on it.

ADAMINMO

Here is a pick of it before I put all the decals on it.

Weekend_Sawyer

This is my 51 ford 1 ton farm truck, I have the rearend out now upgrading it from a 4.96 to 4.11. Someday I hope to do the body work and paint it.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

ADAMINMO

Thats a sweet looking old truck there!

Tom

:-\  That's not so old. :-\    :D

I wish they could get back to making vehicles have a little bit of an independent look.  I miss fenders and such.  :)

Where's your ladder, Adam? :D

ADAMINMO

The ladder is on the side. The chrome with black strip.I park on a hillside so it is easier to get in. :D

RSteiner

The old Ford is a neat looking truck.  8)

I want to get my grandfathers 1947 Studebaker 1 ton pick-up truck back on the road again.  It was a fun truck to drive even if you needed your double clutching boots on.  The 67 horse power six cylinder didn't go very fast but, especially up hill but I could put a cord of wood in the back.  It rode like a buck board on dirt roads you had to have one hand under the steering wheel and the other on top.  The gear noise was a special music to your ears.

Maybe it was that life moved a a different pace back then and now and then I would like to slow down a bit that makes me miss the old truck so much.  Even the 1963 Jeep 1 ton I had for years was a strong running truck.  I installed a Chevy 283 V8 and a 4 speed transmission.  I could still average 20 miles per gallon with it.  One day I got a load of crushed rock 5,100 pounds the old Jeep handled the load well but you had to have a lot more room to stop.

Randy
Randy

sawguy21

I love those old trucks. Jon, that flattie has a sound like no other. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Weekend_Sawyer

It's got a 100hp flathead v8 in it and it purrs. You have to double clutch it and that is half the joy of driving an old truck.

tcsmpsi

Well Adam, back in the summer I had a lot of fun turning this,

Into this,

A few months before that, we turned the wife's '03 Cruiser into this,

I think we're through with all that for a pretty good while.  That's the plan, anyhow.

Jon, that hayhauler brings back some pleasant memories. 

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

pineywoods

here's one of mine

1930 model A pretty much factory original. 40 hp flat 4, 3 on the floor with NO syncro mesh, mechanical brakes.  No heat, windshield tilts out for A/C.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sawguy21

Weekend_Sawyer

Ed

Here's my 1992 Dodge 1 ton ctd. Under the hood it's had a Banks turbo and exhaust added to it. Out back is a 9000lb Ramsey winch hidden behind the bumper. Sorry they aren't the greatest shots of it.

Ed

Haytrader

Ed,

The pics look good to me.

But I have to ask.....wheres da tag?
Haytrader

Ed

Quote from: Haytrader on January 25, 2008, 08:25:46 AM
Ed,

The pics look good to me.

But I have to ask.....wheres da tag?

I take the plate off when I need the winch. If the plate is on, you would think it's a "normal" bumper.  ;D

Ed

beenthere

Ed
I have to ask......

How do you keep the rear winch clean?  with winter snow, summer mud, dust and then the road salt...seems it would be real torture for a winch.  Looks real clean in the pic... ::) ::) ::) ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Haytrader

beenthere,

Don't say nuttin but as clean as the ol Dodge looks, I bet Ed don't get er out in bad weather.

;)
Haytrader

Ed

Quote from: beenthere on January 25, 2008, 10:34:09 AM
Ed
I have to ask......

How do you keep the rear winch clean?  with winter snow, summer mud, dust and then the road salt...seems it would be real torture for a winch.  Looks real clean in the pic... ::) ::) ::) ???

Quote from: Haytrader on January 25, 2008, 11:14:29 AM
beenthere,

Don't say nuttin but as clean as the ol Dodge looks, I bet Ed don't get er out in bad weather.

;)

Haytrader got it right :D I really don't drive it much anymore. I get it out to do a little plowing in the winter, but it doesn't see much (if any) road salt.
I did have to have the winch motor worked on a few years ago, it was all full of rust and wouldn't  run.  >:( I had a starter/alternator rebuild place open it up and give it a good cleaning, no problem since, but I imagine it will happen again.

Ed

Quartlow

Heres my one ton GMC I picked up last summer, had to build a bed for it. It's hooked to my nephew Wade's new 8X16 14,0000 GVW Appalachia goose neck here. We picked it up last Sat at the factory. Immediately took it out to Wooster and picked up some round bales then toted her back home. Man does it pull nice. nothing like some of our home made trailers  :D. The old 6.2 didn't do too bad averaged 9.6 for the trip, considering I had my foot shoved in most of the time  ;D

And oh yeah, IT DUMPS!!!  8)  8)

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Coon

Nice to see them older GM 1 tons still in use.  I have a 79 GM 1 ton dually with a fifth wheel hitch and a 6 cylinder John Deere Diesel engine with the original 4 spd std tranny.  Had to do alot of manufacturing to get it into the truck and all but I got ALOT of pulling power.  I average 35 miles per gallon pulling or empty.  Can barely feel whether it's pulling something or not.  It is however very hard on front springs and the body is near shot.  Use it for a beater around the farm in the summer.  Have to do the starter in it.  Gotta pull motor to do it so....  Gotta find some of my 35 mm pics and scan em up to show you "Ol' Bertha" :)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

jim king

I have been thinking of upgrading but it is still a good runner.

Quartlow

I would like more power Coon. But I have a different plan. The local bread company has bread trucks with 4BT Cummins in them. Mated to GM automatic trannys. I figure it shouldn't take much to get it mated to my 4 speed. Stock they run from 140 to 190 hp. My 6.2 is only 210 If I remember right.  The local Cummins hot rod shop says we can get 300 to 350 out of a 4BT easy with out stressing it.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

Quote from: jim king on January 26, 2008, 09:15:11 AM
I have been thinking of upgrading but it is still a good runner.

Glad to see the a/c is in good order. :D I have driven some beaters in my time but that beats them all.

Michigan Mike

Quartlow go to www4btswaps.com they have a ton of information on what you would like to do

Thank You Sponsors!