iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help, problems with link.

Started by Dana, January 23, 2008, 06:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

I thought I had solved the problem with this link.http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/foru,s/a/tpc/f/159605551/m/2001011761]here[/url]?cdra=Y&s=447609751 I mentioned in a previous post that I couldn't access his site and had fixed it by deleting a program. I have also changed security and cookies higher and lower which didn't help. The next day it wouldnt load again. :( This is the only site I am having problems with. I can go to any other website and every thing loads fine. The website will load and work once every 4 or 5 days though and work fine for that session.  ??? If I close out I once again get the "page cannot be displayed notice" Any and all help would be appreciated.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Fla._Deadheader

You've still got a block somewhere on your computer, it seems. I click your link and it works just fine.

Maybe just try the link without all the extra after the eve ??? That's just one more click with all that extra stuff ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

I doubt he has a block.  More then likely its because of an outdated browser, or even his ISP because of the cc domain extension. Its not being recognized.  One of the other is not configured to deal with the .cc.  I guess in a way its a block, a virtual mental block for the machines.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dana

Harold, no blocks that i know of.

Jeff, you will have to explain that in laymans terms. I have Windows ME and I think the explore version is 6.

Onewithwood your link loads up just fine whats different? :)

Dana

Onewithwood, I wanted to also say that I checked my original link to the site in my favorites file and that one is working right now also. So, maybe everything is just "workin" right at this time and the problem will be back?

:( :(Its now 11:22 only minutes after I just posted all is working, and neither yours nor my like will work. I am getting the page cannot be displayed message.

Jeff

The web address, http://biodiesel.infopop.cc   ends in a .cc instead of the usual .com, .net, .org, and so on. It could be that either your ISP or you system has difficulty resolving the .cc extension.   Since you say you are using millennium addition, I highly suspect your system as I think .cc came into being after the arrival of windows me

Dana

Well that was  a good tutorial Jeff thanks. I havent had any problems until the last few weeks and have visited that sight for several years any more thoughts?

Fla._Deadheader

Dana, at the instant you are having problems, can you have a friend or someone try to access the SAME URL, while you keep trying to access the site, as well ???

This past weekend, the owner had all members validate their email, so he could start screening new people.

Lots of spam problems, but, could that possibly be your problem ???  I am just thinking out loud. I have no other thoughts to offer.  ??? ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Dana

Harold, I just got in and reregistered my email. I hope this works.
O.k. Thats not it 40 minutes and now same message. ::)

Fla._Deadheader

I don't know. I despise things I can't understand. Computers are NOT my thing  >:( >:( >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

logwalker

Dana, have you tried mozilla firefox as a browser. Free download and easy install. I don't know about ME though. I sure like using it. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Dana

Quote from: logwalker on January 25, 2008, 01:09:52 AM
Dana, have you tried mozilla firefox as a browser. Free download and easy install. I don't know about ME though. I sure like using it. Joe
No I haven't my computer skills are bery basic. I don't try or look for new downloads because I might download something that screws up what I have.

I was wondering is maybe my internet service provider might be the cause of the problem?

Keep the ideas coming. I will make sure to post if this problem become solved so as not to waste anyones time.

Thanks again, Dana

Fla._Deadheader

I had ME for several years. Had small problems. Microsoft doesn't support it, anymore. No updates to speak of.

Now, I run XP. It is a better system.

I had lots of problems with IE, and switched to Mozilla. It is very easy to download and use, and I like it a LOT better than IE. Updates are few and far between, as, hackers do not attack it, like they do Microsoft IE. My problems are nearly non-existent, since I switched to Firefox. Possibly, that could be your problem ??? ???

Dana, take a chance and download Firefox. We can all hep ya get it working. It's not difficult. Even I did it  ::) ::) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

pineywoods

Quote from: logwalker on January 25, 2008, 01:09:52 AM

I've run firefox on win98, win98se, win me, win xp, and linux. No problems on any of them. I like it far better than IE.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Dana

A possible cause of the problem has just struck me in the head. ;D
I use dial up which is no biggie other than its slower than.. Anyway, we live a 1/4 mile from 3 large a.m. radio towers. The towers have been a constant source of static and at times the station will be heard on the phone line and answering machine. At otherrr times the interference is so bad that the answering machine messages cant be discerened over the background noise. Coincedentally or not the noise has been worse for several weeks now that I think about it.

When and if I can get on the biodiesel forum I going to  hang up and check the quality of the actual phone line signal. Maybe that forum has a lower data strength and my modem can't recover all of it. Even on here sometimes it takes way longer than dial up should to load.

Jeff

Like I said, it could be your ISP for the previous reason. The .cc extension. I say this because I have seen it before. If its your I.E., downloading firefox and using that will more then likely resolve the issue.

Tom

Going to IE 7.0 might help too, if compatibility is a problem.

Dana

I am sure you are all getting sick of hearing about this, I'm sorry. I Just downloaded firefox and check if the website would come up. As I have written earlier, until a few weeks ago the website worked fine. I don't see how Windows ME cant recognize the .cc now since it always has.  Anyone know much about internet options and settings? Maybe something there has been checked or unchecked.

If I could get some other website address's that end in .cc I could check if I can get access to them. That would answer if that is the problem.

Jeff

Seach google using: *.cc   to come up with some .cc sites.

Dana

I successfully loaded a bunch of .cc sites that Google found. None were unable to be uploaded. Next thought?

Jeff

You didnt say if you tried to use firefox, only that you downloaded it.

Dana

Jeff I used Firefox for the browser and the Google that they show in the upper right corner of the browser.

Jeff

I mean to browse the bio diesel forum. You still cant get to it?

Dana

Another thought, when I downloaded Firefox, it ask if I wanted to transfer my Internet explorer settings which I did. Maybe that brought the problem along to Firefox?

Thank You Sponsors!