iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Once in a million? Billion?

Started by Jeff, January 20, 2008, 10:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I had something happen to day that I don't think could be replicated no matter how many times you tried.  I jumped up to let the dogs outside and forgot I had the T.V. remote laying on my lap.  It flew up in the air, came down and smacked the floor, knocking the battery cover off and spitting the batteries out to the other side of the room. It bounced in the air, came back down hitting the battery cover in such a way that the cover snapped back on to the remote like it had never happened.  I couldn't believe what I was saw. I'm convinced it could never happen again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

That is pretty wild. :o I bet you've dropped your peanut butter toast and had the peanut butter side land upright too! :D Never happens for me, I always end up with it stuck to the floor, or my shoe, or the cat. ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mooseherder

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Ever see a cat with pb stuck to the roof of its mouth? Not pretty! :D :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pigman

I think you should keep trying untill not only the cover snaps back in place, but also the batteries bounce back in the case just before the cover snaps back on.  It shouldn't take long, maybe just short of infinite number of tries.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Warbird

Quote from: pigman on January 20, 2008, 10:52:25 PM
I think you should keep trying untill not only the cover snaps back in place, but also the batteries bounce back in the case just before the cover snaps back on.  It shouldn't take long, maybe just short of infinite number of tries.

Infinity + 1  ;D

crtreedude

Well, there you have it Jeff - now you know the reason for the crash of the forum a while back. All your good luck was saved up for your remote...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

asy

I have visions of Dave's cat running around with PB all over it.

I wonder how many slices he had to drop on the cat just to make sure they always fell PB down???  hehe

Jeff, I agree, the answer is Infinity +1, you can try, though.

The REAL answer is a Doggy Door then ya don't gotta get up :)

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

thecfarm

I would go buy a lottery ticket.Or maybe you just wasted your once in a million years on a remote.   ;D   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sbishop

bull

tell the mrs. her majic didn't work..... You weren't suppose to see the batteries fall out, you were suppose to believe your clicker was busted and her hopes were it couldn't be replaced...

Sunfield Hardwood

Don't sell yourself short Jeff, only a master of remote control,control could pull that off  :)
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

fat olde elf

Cool !!!! Pigman beat me to the punch with the batteries......Next parameter would be if the batteries were in their correct polarity.........Between the remote miracle and saving the Forum miracle you may want to turn your talents to our national economy. Or at least Michigan's economy.  If that's too tough, tell me which brand pick up truck to buy....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

DanG

Awww, it won't take a Billion.  Maybe only a few hundred thousand.  Try it until it happens again and get back to me on it.  Oh yeah, ya might want to pick up a couple of extra remotes.  They are made in China, ya know. ::) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

rebocardo

Some people might be convinced to play the lottery that night  :D

Warbird

Quote from: DanG on January 22, 2008, 09:50:34 PM
Awww, it won't take a Billion.  Maybe only a few hundred thousand.  Try it until it happens again and get back to me on it.  Oh yeah, ya might want to pick up a couple of extra remotes.  They are made in China, ya know. ::) ;D

DanG is wise.  Things made out of lead are soft and break easily. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!