Sponsors:

Wanta See Some Elk ???????

Started by slidecreekdan, January 19, 2008, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slidecreekdan

slidecreekdan

Close to the house.  Hope you enjoy

slidecreekdan

Dont want to bore anyone, just thought some might like to see these.  They are great to see like this. I never get tired of looking at Elk.

beenthere

Nice herd....get any of those in the freezer?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I'm not bored yet.Are these close to your home?Just like deer here,I never get tired of looking at them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Can't be any more boring than walking upon two bull moose muscling one another in the rut season.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Nice heard. I was also as concerned as beenthere, whether you were eating good. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

slidecreekdan

Yes, We have been known to have an Elk steak now and again. And a little burger, and??
   They say out this way, if you feed them you might as well eat them.
   Thats all I have to say about that. 

SwampDonkey

Furby

Wow! :o
I've seen a dozen or so bulls in one field at the same time, but never that close together.
Cool! 8)

Haytrader

Very  impressive to say the least.
I would imagine one of those would eat nearly as much as a beef cow.

I wouls have some in my freezer also.
;)
Haytrader

sawguy21

BBQ elk roast is DanG fine eating but don't overcook it, very lean meat. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Trax

slidecreekdan.......Would you consider takin a couple out of Staters hunting next year ?

slidecreekdan

Where have I heard that before??????????? 

woodbill2

Not quite as impressive as the photos to start this thread, but here's some visitors I had in the yard today.

Here's the leader of the pack. Sorry it's so shaky, it's the only shot I got before he ran off into the woods. There were 10 total, this bull, 2 spikes, and the rest female or young ones.

Rain doesn't get things wet, it makes them grow. So next time you get rained on, remember you're growing, not getting wet.

Weekend_Sawyer

Mouthwateringly good photos. Thanks
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Now they're making swimming pools for elk. :D

pigman

:o  That would be just like shooting fish elk in a barrel .
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

It's really an Elk Hot Tub..... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!