iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very Interesting Use Of Wood

Started by Radar67, January 19, 2008, 01:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

My wife pointed me to this site about wooden bath tubs. She saw it on Martha Stewart.

http://www.bath-in-wood.com/index.html

I thought it was an interesting and creative use of wood.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

ARKANSAWYER

For the price I will make you one out of Walnut!
ARKANSAWYER

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Although not a bath tub, dad built a big watering trough for the cattle. It was made of 2 x 10 spruce or tamarack and the water came from a gravity fed spring house, 600 yards away. There was enough pressure from the 1" pipe that you couldn't hold it back with your hand. It ran all the time, none stop until it froze solid in winter. We used to put our hand on the pipe to try to spray one another or a passing cat. :D The same spring went to the barn to water the cattle by pale in their stalls in winter, even the house was on the same spring.

I have an old picture of the shelter over it, but you can't see the trough inside.

I've never seen another set up like that anywhere in my time. I'm sure others did it back in the old times.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

Wooded tubs have been all the rage for years in VERY upscale baths, most I have seen were imported from Europe, beech I belive, and from Italy  or France at least the ones I've seen.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!