iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

more pictures!

Started by Wade, May 06, 2003, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

Here are some of the projects that I am working on. The first one is a cradle that I just finished and delivered over the weekend. It's for the son and daughter in law of the people I get my logs from.
I did it as a thanks for letting me use his yard and his logs.
This next one is a blanket chest that I'm making for my cousin. The panels are q-sawn sycamore from a tree that was in his parents yard that he grew up in. They passed away a
and put up a garage where the tree was. He really appreciated it. He's one of those people that you know you can do anything for because he would gladly return the favor multiple times.
 This next one is the same as the previous blanket chest. Its made from q-sawn white oak with some curly oak panels. The panels are made from some very curly w-oak veneer . The picture does not do it justice. Have'nt figured out who gets it yet. My wife is putting in some very strong suggestions! :-* ::)
The next one is
 a chest of drawers two years in the making! All dovetails are hand cut. 144 of them. I started on it 2 winters ago and had the drawer sides fit in just perfectly. Then came summer and the humidity :'( I could'nt get them out! Had to wait til the next winter. Did'nt have time :-[ Got to get going before it starts to get too humid ;D
 Finally this next one is a chippendale foot stool that I started making last summer. I took a class on carving a ball and claw foot from Phil Lowe in Portland last year. Phil is a pretty well known period furniture maker from Boston. I really enjoyed the class and am hoping to take another one this year.
 Well I don't want to over do it here. Thanks for looking.
Wade
If it's worth cutting down a tree for, it's worth doing right

Stephen

1994 WoodMizer LT40G18. 69 acres mixed wood. 1952 ford tractor, Norse 290 winch, studed Norse ice chains. 45-66DT Fiat.

Doghouse

WOW!

Nice work.  Looks like you took to the carving class like a fish to water.

Norm

Very nice workmanship Wade. I might suggest that with three daughters you may want to carve up some baseball bats for when they start dating. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!