iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member - looking for help

Started by Doghouse, May 06, 2003, 07:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doghouse

Looking for help getting a tree milled.

I need to find someone to help milling a tree in the Smithfield area.  26" Diam. 40+' L taper of 4" every 12'  

Black Walnut.
Willing to share some the wood and have 1 other person to help with labor.

Bibbyman

Welcome Doghouse,

You may chack out the "Member Map" above on the toolbar.  There are a number of members located in Virginia.  Not everyone has located themselves so there are others too like Barbara Gill in Urbanna,Va.  She may be interested in this project.  

Barbara's Web Page

If that fails,  you can call Wood-Mizer and they can get you names of mill owners in your area. 1-800-553-0182
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Doghouse

Thank you, Will give her a call.

woodhaven

I am about 15 miles from you in Windsor. Can I help.
Richard

DanG

Well, there y'go, now. Doghouse came in here and wiggled his fingers a little bit, and a sawyer popped up outta nowhere to solve his problem. This ForestryForum is just sumpthin else, ain't it? 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ElectricAl

DanG,

Just another example of how the Forestry Forum

RULES

Problem solved, quick and easy. ;)

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

WoodChucker

Doghouse, I see you found your way here, i told you these guys could help you out.  There pretty sharp and have help me several times, good luck to ya and stop by anytime.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

bull

WOW   I wonder if this could work    
  HELP WANTED
    Free labor needed someone willing to work their butt off on  a daily basis to help me get some work done.
Payment an education in the forest products industry, a few boards and all the sawdust one can carry.... oh yeh we can throw in lunch once in a while,ANY TAKERS :D

Tim

Lemme know if you have any takers in your headhunting campaign bull, I could use about 4 poeple that would be willing to work for those terms...  :D
Eastern White Cedar Shingles

DanG

What brand of peas do you have, Bull?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Doghouse

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Thanks for the help
Thanks for the laughs

I hate to see good wood get used for fires.  They are clearing a lot of land around me and I keep seeing good trees used for bonfires!

John

DanG

Sounz like a good excuse to buy a sawmill, to me. ;D

Stephen

Bull, your not that far away, whats for lunch?

DanG,  I was stuposed ta have an excuse to by a mill?

Stephen
1994 WoodMizer LT40G18. 69 acres mixed wood. 1952 ford tractor, Norse 290 winch, studed Norse ice chains. 45-66DT Fiat.

DanG

Yeah, Stephen, ya gotta have a excuse.  'Course, it don't take much of a excuse. Just 'cause you DanG well want one is good enough. ;D

woodhaven

What kind of trees can you get? I might be willing to saw yours for free if you could get enough logs for my use.
Richard

Doghouse

Dropped you a e-mail.  Having spoken to the developer, He seemed to prefer to have the walnut lumbered rather than turned into firewood.  

There is also a second development that is going in that has a lot of walnut, and pecan.  I would suspect something could be worked out with either or both of them.

Tom

DanG, Libby'sLibby'sLibby's is the sweetest but your help will eat two of them. Thrifty Maid is a good value and has the best stewed tomatoes. :D

Thank You Sponsors!