Sponsors:

What is our average age?

Started by Jeff, January 13, 2008, 05:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have a discussion going on in the sawmill board called LINK>> age of sawmillers

I thought I would start a poll where we could get an idea. Before the results even start coming in, I'm betting it is in the mid 40's :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Larry

Look's like my age group is already in front with a huge lead...(1). 8) 8) 8)  I better start a PM campaign to get out the vote. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

Quote from: Larry on January 13, 2008, 05:41:26 PM
Look's like my age group is already in front with a huge lead...(1). 8) 8) 8)  I better start a PM campaign to get out the vote. ;D

Well if ya call me with a recording, I'm hangin up on ya. ;) :D

Bibbyman

Don't most members fill out the age data on their profile?  Couldn't you just pull that and get the results?   smiley_headscratch
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Some do, some don't.  This is totally anonymous this way. Folks that dont want to tell us how old they are can participate without having it hung on their profile. It lets us find an approximate average and maybe have a little fun as well.  I suppose I could dig into the database and get the average of the listed ages, but, I dont wanna. ;D ;)

Furby

I've been pretty sure for a long time now that it is in the early to mid 50's, but you'll only know based on those that actually complete the poll.
We have tons of folks that won't even see it that can easily throw the average off.

Warbird

Those people would be 'out-liers' to a statistician.  ;)

Jeff

I doubt it will be off much. The odds are an equal number of older people will miss it to younger people. To be off, you would have to believe that one age group or another is more apt to miss the poll. I'm not brave enough to go there. ;)

SwampDonkey

Asking for ages is like asking the farmer what his yield was this fall.  :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

J_T

I'm pushing getting in the upper bunch  :D
Jim Holloway

Haytrader

Are we supposed to answer with:

1. Feel like age
2. Act like age
3. Chronological age
4. Pretend age

Those are all different for me and some change daily.

smiley_old_guy
Haytrader

SwampDonkey

Looks like the classic 'Bell' curve taking shape up there Jeff. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

1. Feel like age   -----90
2. Act like age    -----10
3. Chronological age--62
4. Pretend age--------21
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

Those poll  figures above, described by some as a perfect Bell Curve, remind me of Alfred Hitchock's profile.  :D

metalspinner

I know one in the first catagory... ;)  Let's see if I can drag him out of hiding. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

That's funny Tom.  ;D :D

One of the things I always looked for in his movies was he himself walking across a scene. Unless you already saw the movie, you never knew where he would appear. Sometimes even if you saw it, you were still looking the next time you watched it. ;D

Tom

I'm still looking for some of his cameo's.  I was told that they can appear anywhere in the film.  I always looked for it in the beginning. 

SwampDonkey

Of the few films I have on DVD he was on fairly early on.

Spoiler Alert  smiley_exclamation smiley_exclamation

In "North By Northwest", he climbs onto the bus just after the credits. In Vertigo, he crosses the street after the first office scene carrying a black object.

DanG

Well, I seem to be above average, as usual. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Is 'above' up or down the page? :D :D

I was taught 'North' was up on the map and 'South' was down.  :P

isawlogs

Ah !!!  But Dan you and I give the bell its shape  ;) 

Those numbers Bob would work for me , all but one , sub the 62 for 48 and it works .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bro. Noble

Well,  my age is just about average at 62.  Ya gotta be pretty well seasoned to remember Alfred's masterpieces.  He said he knew he'd made a good movie when there wasn't a dry seat in the house :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

I think that curve is starting to look startlingly like Homer Simpson.

Dave Shepard

At the moment, I would say it looked like a pregnant woman. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 14, 2008, 12:00:14 AM
At the moment, I would say it looked like a pregnant woman. :D

Dave

Nah, there aint enough 36-40 year olds for that.  :D