iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question for Will, or anybody.

Started by EZ, May 05, 2003, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

When changing blades from time to time, some of the blades go on a lot harder to where you have to turn the band wheels to get them on. I always thought that maybe their was saw dust behind the belts. But today I broke a blade that went on hard, so I measured it and it was 14 ft 5 inches, which I'm suppose to have 14 ft 6 inches. I cut a junk blade in half that went on hard and it measured 14 ft 4 & 3/4 inches. Is this the way all blades are made, or is it just these $15.00 blades I buy.
EZ

Percy

I wouldnt wanna comment on your blades as Im prettywell a one company type. I have found that all my blades are exactly the same length. I used to count the teeth when I was setting(Im a sicco) and after a while I realized that they were always the same. If your blades are different lengths, you must have a great tensioning system to be able to use them at all. Perhaps the welding person at your blade company is dislexic or hung over. Id return any oddball length blade for a refund and point out the obvious. If they dont  fix the situation, switch brands.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Dugsaws

I would agree with Percy I haven't had any trouble with different lengths except one time I tried a new blade and my length is 15'8 " and I got blades 158" long which will fit Wood Mizer well took almost a month to get that straight but otherwise talk to your blade company
Doug

biziedizie

Me thinks the guy that welded the band was drinking that day or was thinking about a woman. :D
  Can't you move your bandwheel in far enough to get the blade on? You should be able to let enough tension off the bandwheel to do this.

Steve  

Thank You Sponsors!