iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great Dealers=Great Deals

Started by Corley5, January 11, 2008, 09:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I bought a new 2171 Jonsered a little over a year ago when my 372 burnt up.  It was a great saw, ran almost everyday for 6 months.  When we started back up again in Nov it was running fine but took an extra pull to get running.  A few days ago it threw a fit and wouldn't start.  I changed the plug and fuel filter for good measure and whether or not it helped it didn't hurt.  It ran fine a couple days and gave up.  It would fire once and then flood out.  I called up Kenny, told him what I had and that I wanted him to figure a deal on the blown Husky and old 2171 on a new 2171.  I walked out of the shop this afternoon with a brand new 2171 with 20" bar and chain and was out two non running saws and a 145.00 bucks.  I feel I did very well :) :)  The repair bill on the 2171 probably woulda been a 100 bucks  8) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

gharlan

Sounds like a deal to me. I wish I could have dealers like that around here. :D Of course this is not chainsaw country either. Good luck with that new saw though. 

sawguy21

Why did he let the new saw go so cheap? Maybe the old ones were in better shape than you thought.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

The Husky did need a new piston and cylinder.  It had almost no compression when I took it in and I saw the parts after it was torn down.  The 2171 probably didn't need much other than maybe a carb kit?  Either way I walked out with a new hassle free (hopefully) saw.  I'm sure he'll make money on the deal and that's the name of the game  8)  The 2171 looked great cosmetically and so did the 372 for that matter.  The old 2171 had paid for itself several times over and we'd been talking about trading it in on new one before it quit.  It probably also helped that I've bought a new New Holland round baler and conditioner from them over the past few years  ;) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!