iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rebuilt water pumps

Started by Qweaver, January 10, 2008, 08:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

My Case 450 water pump has given-up.  I priced a new one and $184 is ridiculous :o
Where can I find a rebuilder?  It's amazing how much I depended on that dozer and how much I miss it when it's broken down.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

flip

I know our local NAPA will send one out to have rebuilt.  I guess as long as seals and bearings are available and the housing and impeller are good it can be done.  I would try calling your local NAPA or other parts store.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Qweaver

I found some rebuilders with an internet search.  They want $120 plus shipping.  ::)  I might as well buy the new one which is in stock at the Case dealer.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

sawguy21

Maybe I am used to being gouged higher prices but $184 does not seem out of line.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brian_Rhoad

Try Valu-Bilt. They have parts for many older tractors. Since you have a dozer, you might have to find out which tractor used the same engine.

www.valu-bilt.com

Furby

$184 don't sound bad, is it a new one or a remanufactured one?

isawlogs

Its a water pump , only a couple of bearings and a few seals in there , I think he is right in finding that 184$ is a lot for that . It aint bad   ::) ............... its outrageous how much we get taken for and bend over more .  >:(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Qweaver

Well, the bad news is that it's not the water pump.  This pump is the type where the impeller and pulley bolts onto the housing and this part is perfect.  So we cleaned the outside of the radiator, put in a new thermostat, bolted it back together and as expected, it is still overheating.  What has me puzzled is that the water in the block is getting hot but the radiator and the top and bottom hoses are not even warm.  It's obvious that no water is circulating thru the system.  The NEW and old temp gauges are both showing 225 deg and yet I can remove the cap and there is practically no pressure.  It's almost like the water jacket in the engine is completely stopped up.  Yet when I pulled the temp gauge bulb out, the head seemed full of water.  The rain has stopped us for the day, but I guess I'll pull the radiator out next.
Ideas??
Qyuinton

Burlkraft

If ya was closer I'd say take yer radiator to my shop and have Mark flow test it for ya........We do that stuff fer free   ;)  ;)

Kinda a long commute tho....  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stonebroke

Did you pull the thermostat?

Stonebroke

Furby

Have you used a coolant leak stop at any point?

Timburr

Whilst the radiator is off, it may be prudent to check the hose condition.  On bottom hoses, I've seen the 'inner' hose break away from the reinforcement and collapse from pump suction.
Sense is not common

IL Bull

I would try it with the thermostat removed as my first test.  If things are still not circulating I would look for exhaust in the radiator.  If there are bubbles presant then you need to look at the head for a blown gasket or, heaven forbid, a cracked head.
Good luck,
Joe
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

logwalker

Just to be sure check to see that the T-stat is in right side to the engine. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

ScottAR

Seems I'm a little late to the party.  I've been ordering stuff for my
new to me 580D from here:

http://www.equipmentpartssource.com/
Prices are cheaper than the dealer on some stuff. 

I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like a blown head gasket...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Dana

I am thinking your radiator needs to be recored, as Burlcraft hinted at. That will cost as much or more than the rebuilding of a water pump.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!