iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NY state land lumber

Started by jdtuttle, January 07, 2008, 06:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

Any one familiar with the process of buying lumber from NY. I recently read an article about the state not meeting their quota for harvesting logs in state forests. I did a search on line but didn't find much.
Thanks,jim
Have a great day

moosehunter

Jim,
Last time I tried to buy firewood from NYS I needed big insurance and a dozer before they would talk to me.
To get the latest info, call the DEC office in Cortland. Ask for Mark Zubel. He is a state forester that talks straight and will give you the skinny without giving you the " I'm from the government and I'm here to help (scre#) you" mentality.

I see you are in Candor. Power & Paddle is my favorite toy store.
My lovely bride works at the school as the elementary nurse.
mh
Newfield NY
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

jdtuttle

Thanks for the info. I'll give Mark a call.  Is your "lovley Bride" at Candor elementary? I'm on the Board of Education in Candor & try to keep up with everyone here. My kids are in 11 & 12 grade so I don't get over to the Elementary as often as I would like. Jim Signs at Power & Paddle has some great toys. good service too.
jim
Have a great day

stonebroke

I think the problem with DEC not reaching their quota was with not having enough foresters to mark trees as opposed to no wanting to buy it. The NYS controller said if DEC had spent one million on more foresters they would have got 12 million dollars back in additional timber sales. But DEC doesn't want to cut trees might upset all those democratic tree huggers.

Stonebroke

moosehunter

Yes Jim, she is the nurse at Candor elementary. Stop in and introduce yourself to her when you get time.
She has been there 3 years and really enjoys the kids and the staff she works with.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!