iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by SAWYER_SLIM, May 03, 2003, 09:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAWYER_SLIM

just wanted to say howdy & thank all you guy's for the stuff i have been learning here. by the way I run a 1940 something weadow's circle .

Texas Ranger

Howdy, Slim, welcome to the board.  One word of advise, though, do not tick off the boss man, he'll turn you on your head.

Staples
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

welcome to the forestryforum Sawyer Slim.  Pull up a chair.

J_T

Welcome Slim Hey Woodhaven and Corley5 Us circle boys are ganing on em!!! 8)
Jim Holloway

woodhaven

Us circle guys all have bigger motors and longer shafts. 8)
Richard

Minnesota_boy

Maybew you circle guys are losing as much as gaining??  I just sold my circle mill last week.  I hadn't used it since I bought my bandmill, 7 years ago.  Man I'll miss it.  Just like I'd miss a hangnail. :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Frank_Pender

Welcome to the Forum, Slim.  Ya, well all ahve some fun around the mill yard.  Some of us are still learning how to separte the "stuff" in the yard as we"re picken it with the chickens, but there is some good information passed along mixed in with the fun"en. 8)
Frank Pender

dail_h

Welcome Slim
   Hand set circle mill,old Meadows ,co still in buisness here in N C . What kind of power any support equip ,where are the pics??? ;D ;D ;D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

SAWYER_SLIM

Nice to meet you dail. my mill is powered by an international gas, not quite sure the hp. As far as support equipment I have an old planer made by powermatic & a rip saw made by north American Machinery co. I think.  
  I have just recently bought all of this from my dad, It as been in the family since the late 40's . I have never had much interest in it before but now I have been bitten by the bug.

Dugsaws

Welcome aboard Slim, nothin wrong with them circle mills if they are set up right my dad had one till 3 yrs ago when I bought my bandmill
Doug

BW_Williams

Welcome, Slim.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

bull

Welcome aboard Slim, watch where you step sometimes it appears as though there is more than one Bull in the pasture here on the Forum. It sometimes gets a little deep..... Jump on in and cut your teeth!!!!   enjoy the ride. and make sure you wipe your feet when you go off line... :D    BULL

mitch

Welcome Slim,
These old circle saw mills still have a lot of sawing left in them. I saw with a pre WWII Vance mill which was manufactured hers in North Carolina a few miles from your Meadows mill. Check out the new mills by clicking on this link

http://www.meadowsmills.com/

SAWYER_SLIM

Thank's for the warm welcome guy's. I really enjoy this, seems to be a good bunch of guy's. It is much better here than that other place.

Fla._Deadheader

Boy, you catch on [size=25]fast[/size]. ;D
  Welcome, and pics are always welcome.  Need PICS ;) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SAWYER_SLIM

I ain`t the sharpest tool in the shed , but i`m no dummy. i will try to get some pic's this weekend FLA. Deadheader.

johncinquo

Hey Slim, I private messaged you, poke aroud and you will figure out how to use it.   I am just about 15 miles form you over in Grant.  See ya round.   Welcome to the site.  Lots of freindly people, and I have met several in person already.  John
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

SAWYER_SLIM

Hey John I was just in Grant last friday, sold some red oak. I seen  one of them orange mills a couple of miles south of town. Was that your's ?

WV_hillbilly

Welcome Slim have a seat and enjoy.

I' m glad you told us there were other wood forums out there.  I never even look any more.
Hillbilly

solidwoods

Welcome Sawyer Slim.
Sawmilling is Sawmilling. It's all heavy and sharp.  
You'll see this site is loaded with as much usfull milling info as it with friendly people.
JIM
Ret. US Army
Kasco II B Band mill
Woodworking since 83
I mill & kiln dry lumber, build custom furniture, artworks, flooring, etc.
If you mill, you'll be interested in some of my work in one way or another.
We ship from our showroom.
N. Central TN.

shopteacher

From one newbe to another, Howdy. It's a great place to be.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

johncinquo

No slim, I know who you are talking about.  He just got that mill.  He wants to cut for cash and use the mill to make custom furniture.  He does some really beautiful work.  There is another mill north on m37 between newaygo and white cloud where they deer carrots.  No sign there and I have no idea what he is doing with that.  I do not have a mill, just like playing with everyone elses toys!   Now saws, those I have.  Find the PM yet?   I wanta hear about the red oak!   JB
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

SAWYER_SLIM

John I didn't get the personal message. try again. I seen that mill up by white cloud a couple of week's a go , I was up there working.

Jeff

Sawyer Slim you should come to the picnic! (so should everybody else, but yo are close enough not to have an excuse. :D)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SAWYER_SLIM

Jeff your going to have to refresh my memory, when & where is it?

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Hey Johncinquo,
 The guy on 37, is he the guy with the klin? I keep hearing about a guy on 37 with a mill, but no one knows what he has it for. A friend at work said its only a hobby mill, but it sure seams a lot of people know about it. ::)

Welcome, Slim!

Furby

AtLast

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!....you wont meet a better bunch of guys than whats on here.

SAWYER_SLIM

Hello shop teacher, atlast & firby. So what kind a mill's & stuff you guy's got? Are you guy's in business makeing big $$$ or just playing & haveing fun like me?

Furby

Weeeeeell let's see,
No mill, No money! Must just be playing and haveing FUN!

Furby

shopteacher

Hi.
  I have a WM LT40 W/ hyd.  My main project since getting it is construction of a big barn to keep it and all my other junk in. I started last Aug. and worked on it till Jan. Don't have any help other than my machinery so it's been quite an undertaking.  I'm about half way complete. About 98% of the lumber in the barn has been cut on the mill and mostly white pine. All the upper floors are 5/4 rough WP and the roof is 4/4 pine and popular.  Today I started shingling the roof, it's going to take a few days to put the 22 square on though.  I'm putting lifetime GAF ultra shingles on as I dont want to be roofing when I'm 80.  There suppose to look like wood shakes, but I've  never seen any that I thought did a good imatation of wood.  The building has 3 gables and 4 hips and is approximately 40" X 40'.  I'd like to add on another section when this is complete, but will have to fill in more behind the building first.  
    As for making money nothing to speak of, but haven't pushed it either.  To many other irons in the fire right now.
    My wife says I do it for fun and I guess she's right. Hate it when that happens.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Sawyerfortyish

Welcome slim I'm waitin to hear that saw sing when you throttle up and oh yea the pictures gota see um. Lot of us circle bladers here. Don't be afraid to ask how to do something.

SAWYER_SLIM

Shopteacher it sound's like we need to have some barn raising party's here. Thats my plan for this summer to. I planed on building mine outa old utility poles that I bring home from work. So far al I have built is a big pile of ceader poles.

sawyer40 here's a question for ya, How do ya get rich with a sawmill?  ha ha

slim

Tom

I know!  I know!  First you start off with a million dollars. ;D

SAWYER_SLIM

ge wiz tom did i ever start of wroooong!

Sawyerfortyish

You only started with a million Tom  :o  Geeshe how did you ever hang on  :D

breederman

Kinda like the farmer who won the lottery,When they asked him what he was gonna do with all tht money he says "I guess I'll just keep farmin till it's all gone! :D
Together we got this !

Thank You Sponsors!