iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for breakfast

Started by Hi-Country Orange, January 06, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Patty,  just leave it there for later.  You might need it, if Norm works you to hard. :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sandmar

These posts need pictures! ;D
Can you say BA-CON!!! :D

beenthere

I know what is going to be for breakfast (or on ice cream tonight  ;D ;D ) as this came in the mail today..

8)         Many Thanks to Jeff and Tammy

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

So, had some ice cream topped with blueberry jelly

And some baked oatmeal topped with blueberry jelly

Thanks Jeff, it is much appreciated.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

What's with that oatmeal?  That might be good.  :)

We had a baked ham for New Years and I took the ham out of the pan, put a half a cup of coffee in there and scrubbe it real good.  Then I put it in a coffee cup, covered it with saran wrap and put it in the refrigerator.  I'm ready now. ;D

beenthere

Tis very good Tom
I've posted the recipe somewhere here, and will look for it.

Has apple, cranberry, raisin, almonds, and even oatmeal...

Picked up the recipe from the Bed and Breakfast in Harrison, MI when we were at the '05 Piggy Roast.

This thread, post # 15
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,27584.msg398434.html#msg398434
south central Wisconsin

olyman

breakfast--in the winter--sourdough buckwheat pancakes, with butter, and real maple syrup from ne iowa--hit like a ton of bricks, and last as long----------summer--bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar on top---

anneoakleaf

Grits are ok.  But I love Biscuits and gravy.  I can't eat them as often as I would like to.....
Too fattening.  :D

ohsoloco

Patty, if I eat eggs with runny yolks they usually end up in my beard.  Denise usually points it out to me after they're dry...I just tell her I was saving them for her and then go in for a big  :-*   :D

Lately I've been eating cereal for breakfast, just because it's convenient.  Gotta be careful what kind I eat though.  If I have anything for breakfast that has much sugar in it, I've got the shakes in an hour or so I'm so hungry again.  Donuts don't cut it, if I have a couple of them first thing in the morning I'm eating all day long  :-\

Last week I fried a couple eggs, and put each one on a slice of homemade Italian bread (yeah, I finally made some bread  :) ), and topped them with feta cheese.  Smoked cheddar works nice too.

Tom

Man! you're missing the boat.  That is where grits shine.  over easy eggs, sunny eggs,  mixed in grits and eaten with salt, pepper and lot of hot coffee and hot buttered toast.  MMMM boy!

Dave Shepard

New England Breakfast

Ingredients:

Grits
Eggs
Pancakes
Maple Syrup
Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box

Cook grits according to recipe
Fry eggs over hard, pile the pancakes high and drench with syrup and a quarter stick of butter. Put grits in tupperware container, and mail to Tom. Eat pancakes and eggs. When box comes back from Tom, reheat the oatmeal he has sent back in tupperware container. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WildDog

When I left school I was on a jackaroos wage and for extra cash in my holiday I went to the big smoke labouring on a building site. For smoko (morning tea) the boss would send me to the shop for hot food. I was known as the "Gopha" go for this, go for that. Anyway this boss wanted runny eggs and bacon sandwiches and every time I came back with them he'd have a go at me and say "The eggs arn't runny enough, the next day I'd tell the cook, get back with food and they still were not good enough. After 3 or 4 days I said to the cook toasted bacon sandwich and crack 2 raw eggs on it please, ;) when i got back the boss opened it and had raw egg from his wrists to elbows. ;D ;D

I thought I would have to learn to fight real quick when he started roaring at me, but I kept my casual job and 27yrs later we are good mates, dispite living totally different lifestyles, but I guarantee he would never ask me for a runny egg again. :D
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

Be careful Dave or there will be Dave Shepard brand grits when you get on here some day.   ;D  Those flatlanders   ;D  don't like it when you make fun of their favorite food too much.  :D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ohsoloco

Tom, perhaps I'll try it sometime, but I'm not much of a polenta person, which is about the same as grits  ???

Tom

Might be close. kinda like a GTO is a Limo.  :D

ohsoloco

Which one got the alkaline carwash  ???  :D

Norm

I've been trying grits with different things lately. But I will say my favorite is to make eggs over easy or poached and to mix them up with the grits. I also made some where you bake them, let them set up and then slice into squares to fry with breakfast the next day. One thing I've noticed though is that they really pop when frying, have to stand back after flipping them. :o

Tom

An egg wash will slow that popping down.  :)

SwampDonkey

I'm glad I got my buckwheat pancakes. ;D

Yesterday I got to thinking about something else and poured double the milk in, so that meant more buckwheat. Darn good stuff.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

Now polenta is a grit relative I can get along with, especially with meatballs, or some nice sausages. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JackSchaffer

It was going to be hotcakes, but I'm trying Norm's biscuits and gravy.  After shoveling all morning, my shoes are even starting to look good.
Jack Schaffer
Product Manager
Ben Meadows

Paul_H

Hear that,Norm,he's comparing your biscuits to old boots boxingsmiley ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

Jack! how could you....well maybe you ate at our restaurant.  :D

olyman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 08, 2009, 07:57:46 PM
I'm glad I got my buckwheat pancakes. ;D

Yesterday I got to thinking about something else and poured double the milk in, so that meant more buckwheat. Darn good stuff.  :)
??????????? the ones i speak off---are mixed the night before---buckwheat flour,white flour, and yeast--and sour down during the night--you have some batter left over--you remix them that night again--and the second morning they are really sour-----mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank You Sponsors!