iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for breakfast

Started by Hi-Country Orange, January 06, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi-Country Orange

just finished a couple fried egg's & 10oz. ribeye :) 8)

sawguy21

I don't think I have ever had steak for breakfast although a lot of people do. I save it for supper. Doctor says I should not eat eggs, sumpin 'bout cholesterol, but what does he know? Fried, over easy with sausage or bacon, home made hash browns and onions,toast and a gallon of coffee. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Patty

Norm made us a good breakfast this morning since we would be working all day. We had egg sandwiches. The eggs were fried over easy and then laid on leaves of lettuce. You guys have convinced us that breakfast is a good thing, so we have been consciously trying to eat something every morning around 10:00. I have also added fresh fruit to my daily input.

I am now just so DanG healthy !  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

We had  DIY biscuits from a can this morning with homemade 3crab apple jelly. Simple but effective. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

sawguy,steak and eggs is my favorate meal.Really sticks to your ribs.Eggs as long as they are runny or a omlete with all such of stuff in it,toast, and a big gob of jelly on the side and some steak.Now that's worth getting up in the morning for.I like to work a bit first,than come in and eat.If no steak I have sauage or bacon.We have a few chickens so the eggs are that much better.Thick slab bacon really adds alot too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

Steak and eggs are great. I like grilled pork chops and eggs too, and they don't really need to be for breakfast either. I eat breakfast for supper all the time.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Dave Shepard

I like breakfast sandwiches, but decided long ago DD wasn't deserving of my money. I have been making my own lately. Cook a couple of eggs in a pan, add some sliced ham in after you turn the eggs, and melt some swiss or cheddar on top. I either taost some homemade bread, or a good hardroll. Mmmm good!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Hi-Country Orange

Patty: that sounds good, but i would think eggs over easy on a sandwich would be a little messy :-\

Furby

Not if you use a soft bread that can soak it up.  :)

Hi-Country Orange

LeeB

Well since you think so, I think it makes sence too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

CHARLIE

Well you guys just keep on pretending y'all are eatin' breakfast....but ya ain't.  Breakfast ain't breakfast without Grits. 8)   The perfect breakfast is 2 eggs overlight, either bacon, sausage or fried ham, Grits with butter or Redeye gravy, homemade biscuits and lots of strong black coffee.  Sometimes some Florida orange juice or Florida grapefruit juice too.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mm!  Now that's a fine breakfast! ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

It sure beats the sugarcoated roll with the dab of jelly in the middle that is called a continental breakfast in the motels  hotels.  Those folks came from the wrong continent

LeeB

I have to go for the hash browns Charlie, although grits with butter and honey ain't shabby.

thecfarm

Not them grits again.Them are the things you have to have something with to make them taste good.  8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CHARLIE

LeeB, potatoes in any form are a poor substitute for grits at breakfast time.  I'm not sure how people in the frozen tundras of the northland started eating them for breakfast other than that maybe their brains froze.  Up here, they eat potatoes for all 4 meals! They even serve potatoes with potatoes. But......I'm not saying potatoes aren't good, I'm just saying you can't have a good breakfast unless it includes Grits!  And that's real Grits and not that fake stuff invented by some Yankee that's called Instant Grits! Blechhhhhhhhhh! :o ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

beenthere

So Charlie,
Where do you buy your grits "up North" and what brand and name do you get? 

Or....do they have to be shipped in from "down South" ?? ::) ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DWM II

I just caught this post today, but Sunday is my day to cook breakfast while the girl folks get ready for church. Sunday we had two egg omelets with fresh made deer and pork pan sausage with toast and of course GRITS
Stewardship Counts!

thecfarm

Real Yankees don't eat grits.  ;) Instant ones must of been invented by a flatlander.

CHARLIE

BeenThere, I'll eat Quaker Quick Grits if I run out of my Southern Supply. They are made in Iowa, but will do in a pinch.  When I go to Florida, I always bring back about 5 pounds of Dixie Lily Stone Ground Grits.  If I can't find Dixie Lily, then I'll buy Eelbeck or Jim Dandy. Dixie Lily can be ordered from the manufacturer over the internet.

Charlie
Charlie

sawguy21

Now Charlie, there is absolutely nothing wrong with potatoes for breakfast. Slice them thin and fry 'em up with a little garlic and chopped green onions. Mmmm, good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

I'm with Charlie!  Eggs, ham, and grits with redeye gravy.  Yes!   8)
Say when

Patty

Hi-C Orange, in answer to your question...I love it when the eggs yolk runs down my chin, makes me look sexy.  ::) 
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

submarinesailor

Maybe I should try that - eggs running down my chin.  :D :D :D :D  I need all the help I can get. ::) ::) ::)

Bruce

Hi-Country Orange

Thank You Sponsors!