iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chase mill color

Started by bandmiller2, January 01, 2008, 03:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Does anyone know the origional color of a chase mill,I think it's light gray but not sure.Thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ron Wenrich

Go over to the Sawmill Exchange, and get to the used handset circular mills, you'll find that there is a mill for sale in Massachusetts, and they have a picture.  This mill was kept out of the weather.  Appears to be some sort of green.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Dave Shepard

There is a Chase a couple of towns over that is a light green. I want to get down there to take pictures sometime. The owner is making a museum out of the place. There are a bunch of other attractions there as well, like a cider press, and a cinderblock making shed. The mill is run by a UD16. I know the mill has been there since '70, as I found the bill of sale from my grandfather to his grandfather. I will try to get some pictures soon, as I have to talk to the guy sometime fairly soon.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

bandmiller2

Ron and Dave thanks I scraped off some old caked on grease and light green shone through.But yesterday I talked with one of the former owners of Chase turbine co. he said the wooden frame mills were gray iron and red painted wood.I kinda like green.He also said the proper wood  was southern yellow pine.Hardwoods are not stable enough.I noticed just down the street the power co. replaced high line poles and cross arms.One section of the double cross arm was 40 feet long 31/2"X9"good solid nice stuff and stable ayup.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!