iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sick Saw

Started by Slofr8, May 02, 2003, 07:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slofr8

Hi guys,
I've been coming here fairly regularly but this is my first post on the Saw forum.  
I cut wood for a living through the early '80's and when I stoped to pursue another career I keeped my two best saws. A 266 Husky and a 630 Jonered.  They sat for a LONG time without much use but I took them out of retierment last year to clear some of my land.  I tore them down and replaced gaskits, carb. kits, fuel lines, etc..  and they ran great.  8)
The 630 developed a leak in the gas tank and I found a tank off of an old Husky something that fit and did the change over last week before running the saw this year.  
Now I can't seem to adjust it.  It races like it's getting to much air but stalls like it's starving for fuel.  I removed and checked the carb. and it seems good.  So I thought since the only thing I changed is the tank the trouble must be related to that.
My next step will be to replace the fuel line and fillter, but what else should I be looking for?
~Tank vent?
~Gas cap?
If it ends up being the crank seals I'll probably junk the saw and use it for parts for the Husky but it ran so darn good last year.
Thanks in advance for any help.  Dan.

Dennis

If you junk it I will take it :D...

Crank seals don't seem like the logical problem...but one never knows....they are very easy to replace and don't cost much.  Don't junk the saw for that.

Sounds to me like you got a hole in your fuel line.  Or the fuel line grommet isn't seated properly...
Just Log It.

Slofr8

I'm only posting this in case someone is searching the archives for help with a similar problem.  It ended up being the tank vent.  Saw would run for a minute and starve for fuel.  I driled a small hole in the fuel vent and it run perfect. Will repace it first chance I get.
Dan.

Gus

Slofr8,
She be suckin' air somewhere. Always makes them run erratic.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Thank You Sponsors!