iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Present

Started by Phorester, December 28, 2007, 12:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

I built this box as a present for my wife.  She will store a ceramic Christmas Tree in it.

Hmmm...... can't get it to attach photos

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Phorester

It keeps asking me to save the images to a folder.  I've done that 3 times.  But after that is reported as successful, everything disappears and I'm back to the "modify" page, and no pictures show.

Furby

They have been in your gallery since the first one, you now have three of the same.
Go to your gallery and click on the pic.
Under the pic is a place to click to copy to your post, but you need to have your post open in a second window.

Phorester

Second try.......

Nothing. I'll try again later.

SwampDonkey

[IMG] https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10014/Tree_Box_Overall%7E0.JPG [/IMG]

[IMG] https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10014/Tree_Box_Inside%7E1.JPG [/IMG]

%7  <-- I think this is a special character that can not be used in a hyperlink. It may be your troubles.

Hey your wife must have taken ceramic classes to like my mom did a few years back. That tree was a popular casting and mom made 3 of them.

Oh, nice box to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

turningfool

turningfool

my christmas present was made from this box elder bowl which cracked when i dropped it(clutz) anyway..i turned out a de pression to seat the marble plate in it to hide the crack..woodturners never throw stuff away

SwampDonkey

Yeah, gotta be careful handling the merchandise.  ;) That pedestal of my table is slippery when polished up and not to mention hefty. Gotta be careful not to dent the dang thing when handling it around in a crowded shop.  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Phorester

The ceramic tree was made by my mother-in-law many years ago. She really did a good job. 

Last month as my wife took it out of the dilapidated cardboard box to display, she said, wish I had a better box for this.   Hmmmmm, thinks I.... maybe a Christmas present in the making. Shouldn't be too hard to build... (Hahahahahahahahaha!!  After numerous mistakes, after a re-design or 3, which resulted in repeated trips to Lowes for this and that, after Lord knows how many hours, and two days after Christmas, I finally got it finished). 

Turned out better than I first thought it out though, which is why I'm showing it off.  Thanks for the compliments.

Don't have time to work on the picture posting problem for the next few days, I'll check it out later.  Thanks for the help Furby & Swamp.  I've posted picures on this forum in the past with no problem, must be missing something.

metalspinner

I remember those Christmas trees!  My sisters and I each had one when we were kids that we got to keep in our rooms.  At night, I would just look at that tree glowing in the dark until, finally, I fell asleep. :)  A box like yours would have really come in handy.  I need to call Mom to see if she still has mine. ;)

Nice job on the box. ;)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

You make nice boxes, Phorester ;D.  Good job!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Haytrader

Yes, nice box.
I had been having trouble resizing pics myself and finally think I got it.

Here is a picture (I hope) of a cedar bench I made for one of my best hay customers. (60 semi loads) He has a large horse ranch in Texas and was mighty happy with the rustic cedar bench.
Haytrader

Burlkraft

Wow......My Mom has been lookin' fer one o' them trees. I couldn't find one anywhere  :(  :(  :(

Where'd ya git that one Phorester  ???  ???  ???

Wanna sell that one  ??? ??? ???

Would it include the box too  ;)  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Nice bench haytrader. I'd be proud to own one to.  :)

Phorester

My mother-in-law painted & fired the tree in a ceramics class she took maybe 25 years ago.  It is lighted, with the light shining through the "ornaments" on the branch tips. It has a music box in the base that plays "The First Noel". The instructor supplied them to the students.  Don't know where a body could get one now.

Nice bench HAYTRADER.  Cedar will last a long time & weather nice.
I reckon the brand is his ranch. What's the name?  I can't figure it out from the brand.

Burlkraft

I was just checkin' e-bay and most of the ones there are vintage molds and new construction. I did bid on one that is really vintage....We'll see in a couple a days if I git it. My Mom's birthday is in late January....I don't have ta worry about what I'm gittin' her now  :) :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Haytrader

Phorester,

His name is Abraham. Check out his website.

Helicopter Horseman
Haytrader

WDH

Haytrader,

That bench is a fine gift.  If I buy some hay, can I get one?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Haytrader

WDH,

Sure. The bench will be proportionate to the amount of hay you buy and I don't do miniatures.

;) :D :D
Haytrader

WDH

Looks like I am going to have to buy some stoopid cows ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!