iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any one going to be at the roxbury tavern friday?

Started by Don_Papenburg, December 27, 2007, 11:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Papenburg

If the snow does not screw things up my wife and I plan on making a run by the roxbury around 11 to 1:00  .   Not sure of exact time  as we have to stop by Hennessey implement north of Dodgeville  . Then on to Eagle River.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jeff

Well, I almost was going to be but it didnt work out.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don_Papenburg

What were your plans?     We are going to visit my wifes aunt and it is kinda on the way but somewhat off the track.

Jeff

Steve was here yesterday, and originally I was going to go back with him for a couple three days, however several things that came up ( or lack of things) around here made that impractical. I sure wish it would have worked out. I love hanging out with the Wisconsin chapter guys.  :)

stumpy

Hey Don,
I'm not going to the Rox, but I am going up to our place near Eagle River.  It's actually about 6 miles north of Eagle River.  If you're lookin for somethin ta do, give me a call and stop over.  We love to show the place off.  I'll PM my phone#
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Burlkraft

Don,

I can prolly be there around 1:00. I have ta go to the office today, but after that I'll head on up there.... ;) ;) ;)

I think Beenthere's got Grand kid duty...
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Burlkraft

I did go to The Rox today and I didn't see Don. Christine said she knew everyone who had been in today, so I'm assuming that Don didn't make it because of the snowstorm we were having today  :D  :D  :D

Had some good soup today. It had apples, and pork and chicken it with a curry broth. It was Gooooood  sketti_1 sketti_1 digin1 digin1

Had a cup...Shudda had a bowl  ;)  ;)  ;)

Mooseherder

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 28, 2007, 06:03:47 PM
I did go to The Rox today and I didn't see Don. Christine said she knew everyone who had been in today, so I'm assuming that Don didn't make it because of the snowstorm we were having today  :D  :D  :D

Had some good soup today. It had apples, and pork and chicken it with a curry broth. It was Gooooood  sketti_1 sketti_1 digin1 digin1

Had a cup...Shudda had a bowl  ;)  ;)  ;)
You musta had the Jill Angel on your shoulder telling you not to order the Roxburger eh. ;)

Furby

Shhhhh....... he had the Roxburger!
Why ya think he only had a CUP of soup ??? ;)

Jeff

Sure, not one word about the fine soup ya had da day before. :-\ :-X ;)

DanG

Apples in soup?  Ya gotta be kiddin'!  And you guys rag us out for eating grits and oysters? ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mooseherder

Quote from: DanG on December 28, 2007, 09:40:00 PM
Apples in soup?  Ya gotta be kiddin'!  And you guys rag us out for eating grits and oysters? ::)
Wonder what they named dat soup?
"Burlkrafts curry apples and things." ;)

I bet they sell a Fried Oyster Sandwich in dat place. ;D
Now thats good eating. ;)

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on December 28, 2007, 08:26:20 PM
Sure, not one word about the fine soup ya had da day before. :-\ :-X ;)

Sorry Boss  :-[  :-[  :-[

I did have a real big bowl of soup at Jeff's. It didn't have no apples it had a chicken and some veggies and pasta too......
It was DanG good. That Boss cooks up a mean kettle of soup  ;)  ;)  ;)

I also got a bag of his homemade granola. The best part was it had coconut in it and Jill hates coconut. The granola was all mine  ;D  ;D  ;D

I need that recipe  :) :) :)

And hold on there DanG...I love oysters and Gritzzzz  Especially Gritz from the Part Timer's house that Zak makes  digin1 digin1 digin1  They was 1st class  ;)  ;)  ;)

I got a bag of Gritz that a down south buddy sent me...Oysters and Gritz...Oyster Gritz...That sounds delish   ::) ::) ::)

Don't need no Jill Angel Moosherder....Christine is there. Yesterday I ordered a Roxburger and fries...Got soup and a buffalo burger. I do believe that Christine is WORSE than Jill at bein' a food Nazi  :D :D :D

dewwood

Sounds like you have a lot of people looking out for your welfare.  That can be good and bad! :)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Don_Papenburg

Sorry to have missed you Burlcraft  ,  We left here at 6:00 figuring that we would be slightly ahead of the snow .  Didn't happen .  After sliding sideways through Darlington the troups were looking to comit mutiny if we did not head to the interstate. Anyway it was closing in on 12:00 at that time .I did some cognitating and Navigating calculus and figger that we would not get to the roxbury tilll after 1:00 and we still had to be in Eagle River by about 5:30 ,6:00 .  So we will try to hit the place this summer.

Stumpy , Sorry I could not have gotten your post in time as we left before it apeared.    That would have beeen a good side trip . 

Just got back  Don

Jeff

We converged on the Roxbury Tavern today. :)    This is me, rfalk. wasthere aka Beenthere and fernboy aka Burlkraft. ;D

Heres a photo of beenthere with one of his forum auction wnnings.  :)

Dave Shepard

Looks like rfalk has a Roxburger hiding behind the napkins. :D Did he share?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Very observant there Mr. Shepard.  Yes it was and here it is and no he didnt.  :D.  I had a Bison Burger and Burlkraft and wasthere had split pea soup.

Dave Shepard

What, you're going to hide food, from me? That's funny. :D

Bison burger sounds good. Did bt and the lettuce person at least get some ham in that split pea soup?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mooseherder

Them look like Real Potato Fries eh. ;D
All that is missing is Cheese and Gravy. :D

Jeff

Burlkraft says yes, there was an occasional small piece in his.  He also has jalapeƱo corn bread and Beenthere had a burger on da side.

When y'all goona come join us? :)

Dave Shepard

I'm working on it. Got to get something that will make the trip without spitting bearings and other vital bits from here to Cheeseland.

Dave

Corley5

You don't need cheese and gravy for them fries when there's jalapeno ketchup available  ;D 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!