iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Swedish wood cutting equipment

Started by scgargoyle, December 25, 2007, 02:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

My wife got me a brand new Swedish wood cutting device- she said it was the best in the world! So I opened the package to find....

A Gransfors-Bruks Small Forest Axe! (It's pretty quiet, too) I knew she wouldn't spring for the MS 361....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

isawlogs

It will pass the emission test every time  ;) :) :) :)
  Nice axes they make .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dan_Shade

i dunno, I've failed a lot of emmissions tests according to my coworkers.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dale Hatfield

Well she didnt cheap out on the axe as That brand dont come cheap. I wished they still made their 5 pound felling axe. They stopped a few years ago and were the better part of a 100 dollars. But worth every penny of it. Cheap close eye on it because anyone that lays a finger on it will want to keep it .
Great gift
dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

thedeeredude

I like iltis oxhead axes.  You can buy them from lee valley tools or traditional woodworker and highland hardware, both are under google search.  So far I only have the forest axe, a combo light felling and light splitting general purpose axe.  I love it.  I want a double bit to go with it for felling.  Gransfors used to make an axe called the American pattern felling axe but I think they discontinued it.  It was a single bit jersey style.  Congrats on the purchase.  And a wife who has good taste in tools.

dancan

Quote from: Dan_Shade on December 25, 2007, 05:42:00 PM
i dunno, I've failed a lot of emmissions tests according to my coworkers.
Fueled by beans , Goes like stink  ;D
I can get some of the iltis oxhead axes and Wetterling hatchets through one of my suppliers , i'll check after the new year and see which models are available and prices if anyone is interested.

thedeeredude

I just found this.  Im amazed, wasnt even looking for it specifically but theyre making it again 8) 8) 8)

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8553&HS=1

scgargoyle

That's cool- I think I'll spring for the MS 361 for falling though. I figure the small forest axe would be a handy tool for when you don't want to get out a chainsaw- minor trimming and chopping. Good to take camping, too.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Dale Hatfield

It might be back but its been on a diet since it left it shed a few pounds.

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Thank You Sponsors!