iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood cutting

Started by Quartlow, December 20, 2007, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

I'm tired, I need some help  ;D I've got access to to enough firewood to keep me going for years.
Was thinking of finding some one to help cut on shares. mainly some one who needs firewood for heat.
It would be nice just to have someone to help stack split and drag brush.

If I used all my equipment what kind of split do you think would be fair?
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DanG

If you have all the equipment, it might be better to hire some labor, then sell enough firewood to pay for it.  Just a thought to offer another option. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Quartlow

Dan, that would be the ideal situation. But it's one of those deals I need to sell firewood to have money to pay someone. I was hoping to find someone who was short on cash but needs firewood to heat with.

I really don't want to be in the firewood business, to many around here selling it to cheap in my opinion.

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

logwalker

What about finding a scout group or a church that could help needful families get thru the winter months. Might be an idea. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

thecfarm

I don't know what fire wood is going by the cord,but lets say $200.Since you are suppling all the machines and gas,you could "pay" someone $10 an hour and when they work 20 hours they could have a cord of wood.No cash would be change hands. Lower  or raise the so called wage per hour.I don't want to say it,but it might be a good idea to get something in writing that no matter what you are not liable for ANY injury.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rebocardo

I assume a split seasoned cord sells for $150 in OH.

So, a 1/2 cord of split wood for 6 hours of work (don't go 8 - might seem like a real job then to ther helper) should be welcomed by someone with no work, no money, and no heat.  You do all the hard dangerous work and all I have to do is stack wood and drag branches ... I wish you lived closer my kids need a job  ;D

Then again, I had a neighbor with no job turn down doing day labor construction with me for $10 an hour CASH because the goverment paid all but $35 a month for his section 8 HOUSE. From that point on I didn't lend (I should say GIVE since he never paid anything back) him anymore money   >:(

Thank You Sponsors!