iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

got my sawblade back

Started by woody1, December 19, 2007, 06:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody1

After 9 months at the shop, I got my saw blade back today. It was cut on a waterjet metal cutter. I like it so much, I'm getting another one ready. My wife is going to hang Jeff up by hid toenails for showing me his.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

breederman

Together we got this !

Furby

thecfarm

That looks some nice.Waterjets,that's what I do at work.But with the one I work on we only use 60,000 pounds of water presure.Probaly with the type that did your grafrate or something similar is drawn into the water steam or probaly done with a laser.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

I like it! Good use for an old blade. 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Nate Surveyor

I know less than I used to.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Does the axe connect with the rim and are the mountain outlines supported?  It looks delicate.  I like it.

brdmkr

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

bandmiller2

Woody your going to get fustrated trying to tension it and ding up your anvil.tell us about your hammersmithing,your our hero. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

Beautiful.  I love the white background ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woody1

The layout I gave the shop had alot of connecting points to keep it stiff. The shop guy didn't think it needed it. The blade is a little wobbly, but I'm happy. The next one will be layed out with better connectors.
  Saw hammering is going good. I've done a few of my own. It's alot of time and banging. I wouldn't want to do it for a living, when you can put a blade on a strecher roll and it's done in about 15 mins.

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

Robert Long

Nice job.......It's worth the 9 months of waiting.

Now a nice wood application for the background would be a beautiful touch to an already great looking saw blade! ;)      Perhaps a couple of turnings on the sides or some figured wood as a background or something.

Robert

dad2nine

Nice saw blade and all for sure - BUT have you noticed your standing in snow? Snow = cold  :D

Sprucegum

That is awesome!!

I like Robert's idea of a wood background to mount it on, I'm thinking a big redwood cookie.

Ron Wenrich

I know Woody has some really nice wood walls that he can use as a background for that piece of art.  Nice job.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

LeeB

That looks really fantastic. I want one. Can I be so crass as to ask how deep a man has to dig in his pocket for one?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

When I had mine done, the guy said "Man, I could have sold that a hundred times before you picked it up"   I never told him what I was thinking. He had sheet after sheet of steel there. The cad system cut the saw design, it could cut the tooth profile as well. He could have knocked them out all day long. 99 out of 100 would never know it wasn't a real saw.

LeeB, when I had my saw done, it cost 150 bucks to have it cut. It may be cheaper now as back then it was hard to find someone with the set up to do it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

IL Bull

I like the rust color.  Is that natural or did you paint it? smiley_clapping
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

woody1

The color is rust, I like it too. The guy that did mine could have sold it also. He wants me to get him some old blade. I told him to cut the profile, he said too much $$.
I did some bartering for mine, but it would have cost about $320. and that's because he had 4 hours laying it out. If I wanted another one just like it, it would be $160. since the artwork is already done. If you get one done, have them use stock clipart.

Hey Ron..when your up the next time the blade will be on the log wall.
Hey Jeff..My wife is still mad at you for showing me your blade..post another picture
Merry Christmas to all !!!
Woody

woody1

I cut an old blade in half and stuck it in a cedar pole. Another way to use ole blades.

LeeB

Where do you get this stuff done? I would imagine the shipping would eat me alive.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

woody1

I did that myself. It only took about 1/2 an hour.  :o :o

pineywoods

Quote from: LeeB on January 06, 2008, 01:49:18 PM
Where do you get this stuff done? I would imagine the shipping would eat me alive.

Lee, it might not be as bad as you would think.  Member Highpockets has a computer controlled plasma cutter. Look up his web site.  He is located just south of shreveport.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!